+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Impero - Google Chrome Crashing in Technical; We've recently deployed Impero onto our network and we are getting an issue where Chrome slows down more and more ...
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    97
    Thank Post
    16
    Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Impero - Google Chrome Crashing

    We've recently deployed Impero onto our network and we are getting an issue where Chrome slows down more and more until it shows a message saying it can't connect, as though the network cable has been unplugged. IE works as normal though.

    Has anyone seen this before?

  2. Thanks to madurham from:

    russdev (28th May 2013)

  3. #2
    jumpinjamez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    256
    Thank Post
    137
    Thanked 23 Times in 15 Posts
    Rep Power
    28
    Intresting

    Thats may explain why the test rollout of Google chrome i did failed as the teacher said it was to slow and become unresponsive so they never use it. i thought it was to do with the custom .admx files in GPO.

  4. Thanks to jumpinjamez from:

    russdev (28th May 2013)

  5. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    97
    Thank Post
    16
    Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
    Rep Power
    8
    After thinking about this, I think it has something to do with Impero proxy. We use Impero to block Youtube for students but not staff (because our Bloxx is in pass through mode) ironically to stop the internet slowing down for users on our less than satisfactory internet connection.

    If it wasn't for that we would disable Impero proxy to see if it fixes it.
    we get the same effect on 7 and XP.
    Anyone got any idea why it's doing this?

  6. Thanks to madurham from:

    russdev (28th May 2013)

  7. #4

    russdev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    6,936
    Thank Post
    709
    Thanked 552 Times in 367 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    204
    Hi

    Sorry missed this what version are you running and have you set any group policies for Chrome? If need be I can get one of the support guys to remote in and take a look?

    Russell

    Quote Originally Posted by madurham View Post
    After thinking about this, I think it has something to do with Impero proxy. We use Impero to block Youtube for students but not staff (because our Bloxx is in pass through mode) ironically to stop the internet slowing down for users on our less than satisfactory internet connection.

    If it wasn't for that we would disable Impero proxy to see if it fixes it.
    we get the same effect on 7 and XP.
    Anyone got any idea why it's doing this?

  8. #5
    DrPerceptron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    932
    Thank Post
    37
    Thanked 135 Times in 115 Posts
    Rep Power
    41
    I wonder if that explains why Chrome MSIs were taking nearly an hour to install when tried to roll it out :/

  9. Thanks to DrPerceptron from:

    russdev (28th May 2013)

  10. #6

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,941
    Thank Post
    519
    Thanked 2,498 Times in 1,939 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    840
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPerceptron View Post
    I wonder if that explains why Chrome MSIs were taking nearly an hour to install when tried to roll it out :/
    I'd guess not - the Google Chrome MSI checks for online updates during install unless you specifically edit the MSI to tell it not to. So, it sits there for ages until it finally gives up and installs. msiexec and rolling out via AD - Google Chrome for Business

  11. Thanks to localzuk from:

    russdev (28th May 2013)

  12. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    97
    Thank Post
    16
    Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    Hi

    Sorry missed this what version are you running and have you set any group policies for Chrome? If need be I can get one of the support guys to remote in and take a look?

    Russell
    We're using v3.5.02 of Impero and yes we have set up group policies for Chrome. It effect local admins as well though.

    I've tried a few more PCs and I'm less certain it's just a Chrome issue, IE seems to be just as slow now too. Unless we have another network problem I haven't discovered yet.

    PS - Interesting to note that the reply box doesn't appear on EduGeek if using a machine with Impero Client installed.

  13. Thanks to madurham from:

    russdev (28th May 2013)

  14. #8

    russdev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    6,936
    Thank Post
    709
    Thanked 552 Times in 367 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by madurham View Post
    We're using v3.5.02 of Impero and yes we have set up group policies for Chrome. It effect local admins as well though.

    I've tried a few more PCs and I'm less certain it's just a Chrome issue, IE seems to be just as slow now too. Unless we have another network problem I haven't discovered yet.

    PS - Interesting to note that the reply box doesn't appear on EduGeek if using a machine with Impero Client installed.
    hmm well just tested that here and seems ok. If you pm your details I can see if one of support guys can remote in and take a look.

    Russell

  15. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    97
    Thank Post
    16
    Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
    Rep Power
    8
    An update. I'm not sure if this is related to the above issue or if it's a separate teething problem.

    We've found that using when Google Drive, specifically previewing and downloading files, the CPU usage shoots up to ~98%. There are 4-7 'chrome.exe' processes running using ~20% CPU. Uninstalling the Impero Client solves this problem.

    Disabling Impero Proxy makes a difference still regarding the crashing internet browsers, but we've not checked to see if it has been CPU overload all along.

  16. Thanks to madurham from:

    russdev (28th May 2013)

  17. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    97
    Thank Post
    16
    Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
    Rep Power
    8
    With help from Impero's support we found out that it was a 3-way incompatibility between newer versions of Chrome, Impero and Sophos AV. In the end the Impero support guy put some exceptions into Sophos and we have a working internet connection again.

  18. Thanks to madurham from:

    cheesypete (9th July 2013)

  19. #11

    russdev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    6,936
    Thank Post
    709
    Thanked 552 Times in 367 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by madurham View Post
    With help from Impero's support we found out that it was a 3-way incompatibility between newer versions of Chrome, Impero and Sophos AV. In the end the Impero support guy put some exceptions into Sophos and we have a working internet connection again.
    I am glad it is all sorted I have passed your message on to support tech and the support manager as they will both be glad of your comments.

    Russell

  20. #12
    speckytecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,539
    Thank Post
    3,426
    Thanked 261 Times in 213 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    110
    In my experience this is another example of the superb support that comes with Impero. I haven't encountered a problem yet that they weren't able to either talk me through or more often the case remote in and sort.

    Quote Originally Posted by madurham View Post
    With help from Impero's support we found out that it was a 3-way incompatibility between newer versions of Chrome, Impero and Sophos AV. In the end the Impero support guy put some exceptions into Sophos and we have a working internet connection again.

  21. 2 Thanks to speckytecky:

    russdev (28th May 2013), xenonive (30th May 2013)

  22. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    101
    Thank Post
    16
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by madurham View Post
    With help from Impero's support we found out that it was a 3-way incompatibility between newer versions of Chrome, Impero and Sophos AV. In the end the Impero support guy put some exceptions into Sophos and we have a working internet connection again.
    Is there any chance you can pass these settings / exceptions on to me? Am pretty sure we are having the same issue

  23. #14

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    97
    Thank Post
    16
    Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesypete View Post
    Is there any chance you can pass these settings / exceptions on to me? Am pretty sure we are having the same issue
    Sure, these are the relevant bits in our exclusion list:

    Two Folders:
    C:\Program Files(x86)\Impero Solutions Ltd\
    C:\Program Files(\Impero Solutions Ltd\

    Files:
    Imperoclient.exe
    Imperoclientsvc.exe
    ImperoConsoleShortcut.exe
    ImperoKInit.exe
    Imperoserver.exe
    ImperoServerBrowser.exe
    Imperoserversvc.exe
    Imperoutilities.exe
    ImperoWinlogonApplication.exe

    Our tech that dealt with Impero isn't here for me to double check so I won't guarantee this will work, but I can't see how it could hurt.

  24. Thanks to madurham from:

    cheesypete (10th July 2013)

  25. #15

    russdev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    6,936
    Thank Post
    709
    Thanked 552 Times in 367 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by madurham View Post
    Sure, these are the relevant bits in our exclusion list:

    Two Folders:
    C:\Program Files(x86)\Impero Solutions Ltd\
    C:\Program Files(\Impero Solutions Ltd\

    Files:
    Imperoclient.exe
    Imperoclientsvc.exe
    ImperoConsoleShortcut.exe
    ImperoKInit.exe
    Imperoserver.exe
    ImperoServerBrowser.exe
    Imperoserversvc.exe
    Imperoutilities.exe
    ImperoWinlogonApplication.exe

    Our tech that dealt with Impero isn't here for me to double check so I won't guarantee this will work, but I can't see how it could hurt.

    That should work ok. Also don't just put the folder ones in put exe exclusions as well. As some AV solutions pick Impero as a false positive if we just do folder exclusions.

    Russell

  26. Thanks to russdev from:

    cheesypete (10th July 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Google Chrome crashes for student users
    By Chris_Keller in forum Mac
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26th July 2012, 04:31 PM
  2. Using Google Chrome on a network
    By mitchell1981 in forum Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 3rd February 2011, 11:30 AM
  3. Google Chrome
    By Face-Man in forum General Chat
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 29th December 2009, 05:43 PM
  4. Google Chrome / BBC iPlayer / YouTube
    By tech_guy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21st April 2009, 01:44 AM
  5. Google Chrome comes out of Beta today (ish)
    By mark in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th December 2008, 12:29 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •