+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Network and Classroom Management Thread, RM CC4 and 64bit in Technical; Same here, not available there, I contact RM and they said that I'd have to buy it...
    Thank Post
    Same here, not available there, I contact RM and they said that I'd have to buy it

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_ View Post
    Somebody on the RM Communities said that it was available to download from the 'My Downloads' section of your account. It's not appearing on mine though
    Nor mine

Thank Post
    Win 8 smartclient is freely available for CC4.2 and CC4.3 networks that have a valid support contract and the download IS supposed to appear under My Account- Product Downloads, does for me anyway and we are not field trialing it although its concieveable they may be staggering it, give support a call and i'm sure they can sort it.
    Windows 8 build will only be available for those who have ordered CC4.4 and requires a 2008r2 Forest Root when its eventually released.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallwood_6 View Post
    Win 8 smartclient is freely available for CC4.2 and CC4.3 networks that have a valid support contract and the download IS supposed to appear under My Account- Product Downloads, does for me anyway and we are not field trialing it although its concieveable they may be staggering it, give support a call and i'm sure they can sort it.
    Windows 8 build will only be available for those who have ordered CC4.4 and requires a 2008r2 Forest Root when its eventually released.
    It's being staggered - it was on a recent bulletin from them. Think I will wait for the summer before I roll it out.

Thank Post
    The update does require quite a lengthy core update of all the machines, its taken us about 4 days to do the whole site and inevitably you get a small number that require a complete rebuild.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallwood_6 View Post
    Isn't CC4.4 meant to be a free upgrade that's user installable?

Thank Post
    Nope its a chargeable part unless you have pre licenced for it or have a CC4 subscription (not purchased outright), should be user installable i think.

Thank Post
    Information about the issue with Windows 7 x64 on the email bulletin was quite vague. Anyone know the actual issue?

Thank Post
    From RM

Our recent communications to you about an issue with Windows 7 SP1 64-bit download for CC4 may have caused some confusion. We are working on a fix for a particular issue that ONLY affects Terminal Server computers if they are Core Upgraded. Other computers are not affected and can be core upgraded or rebuilt in the usual way. Apologies for any confusion this may have caused.

CC4UPD139 (which includes a fix for this Terminal Server issue and some bug fixes) is currently in validation and should be available soon. We recommend that you DO NOT core upgrade Terminal Servers until this is released and installed on your network.

Hilary Wright
    Product Manager

Thank Post
    Little update on this:
    12 April 2013
    Important information about the Windows 7 SP1 64-bit download for CC4

Our recent communications to you about an issue with Windows 7 SP1 64-bit download for CC4 may have caused some confusion. We are working on a fix for a particular issue that ONLY affects Terminal Server computers if they are core upgraded. Other computers are not affected and can be core upgraded or rebuilt in the usual way. Apologies for any confusion this may have caused.

CC4UPD139 (which includes a fix for this Terminal Server issue and some bug fixes) is currently in validation and should be available soon. We recommend that you DO NOT core upgrade Terminal Servers until this is released and installed on your network.
    @Danp beat me to it

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12