+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, RMMCCC4.3 Program Sets Error in Technical; Hello Ladies and Gents, First of all apologies if this is in the wrong section but something very strange is ...
    Thank Post

RMMCCC4.3 Program Sets Error

Hello Ladies and Gents,

First of all apologies if this is in the wrong section but something very strange is happening in RMMC that I can't work out.

When I go to Program Sets and go to a specific program Set called Education Software for example and add a shortuct to this list it throws up a bizaree error:

There was a problem updateing the program set Education software
    Error Description: The Process cannot access the file D:\Junior\Science\Sensorlab.lnk.

This also happens when I remove an icon and the error message always points to a different .lnk file. I have checked the .lnk files and they are correct. Any ideas?

I do not get this error message in any other program set containers, I'd tohught I would post on here incase any body else has had the same issue?

I have tried to run a health check on the program set but this didn't work.

Here are the error messages: Program Set delivery errors.docx

Thanks in advance

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I remember coming across a similar problem a while ago. The solution that we took was to create a new program set, add the groups and add the shortcuts - essentially create a copy from scratch. Once it was checked and tested, the old one was deleted.

We also had problems with the RMMC that were resolved by carrying out the task on the server, instead of at the workstation. Give that a go as well, it might work

3. Thanks to webman from:

JHLEHS (14th March 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    I remember coming across a similar problem a while ago. The solution that we took was to create a new program set, add the groups and add the shortcuts - essentially create a copy from scratch. Once it was checked and tested, the old one was deleted.

We also had problems with the RMMC that were resolved by carrying out the task on the server, instead of at the workstation. Give that a go as well, it might work
    Sounds like a plan webman lol, what was baffling me was the fact that these shortcuts were old shortcuts and were created years ago. I recognise that if the shortcuts were taken from the server itself they wouldn't work as it was pointing to a local drive that my machine cannot see. But these shortcuts were working fine until this week.

I might also try taking out the shortcuts I have added recently and see if this takes affect. Is there also a way of copy and pasting program sets or is that a silly question?

Thank Post
    rmmc.png

Wow this haplpens after I clone a program and then take away all groups so that no1 sees the program set.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Is that when you try to clone the one with the problem shortcuts in? It might be worthwhile "abandoning" that one altogether, and creating a new one from scratch and adding shortcuts manually. And from the server

Thank Post
    Yeah, I think I am going to have to. There are quite a few shortcuts in there though, oh well a job for half term!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It might be worth just adding one or two shortcuts, the appropriate groups, and then testing it; just to save you time if there are still problems!

Thank Post
    Yes, I will do. I have also logged a call with RM, but I know I they will ask me to send them over the health check logs and event logs from our server which I have already looked at. Or they will just say try and rebuild the program sets. Very fustrating as I have been using RMMCC4 for about eight months and has always had problems with program sets delivery etc.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    That might be good though, so they could perhaps identify an underlying issue (if any) with your program sets.

From memory, I think our key to success with program sets was to do it at the server, do one action at a time, Save/OK, then do the next bit. And always re-deliver after making changes.

Thank Post
    Thanks for this, yes I will give it a go on the server.

Thank Post
    I just got a reply back from RM which didn't help at all and made me quite angry it it read as follows:

Good morning James,

The error you are getting has only been reported the
    once and this is what they ended up having to do to resolve this issue,
    sorry.

Kind regards,
    Simon

So basically because they have never seen this error before they are going to close the call which resolves it? Hmmmm, if I did that at my work I would be in deep trouble! Really disapointed! I think it is probably better to seek help and advice on her then speak to RM lol.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread