+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Devizes Room Booking System IIS7 problems in Technical; I have been using Devizes Room booking system on a Server 2003 DC for about 3 yrs now and it ...

Thank Post

Devizes Room Booking System IIS7 problems

I have been using Devizes Room booking system on a Server 2003 DC for about 3 yrs now and it has been absolutely rock solid. A Big thanks to Ian for making such a simple to use booking system- our staff love it!

The problem is, Server 2003 is getting on a bit, so the time came to start upgrading all of our servers to Server 2008 R2. Now I am having a nightmare of a time trying to get a stable set-up!

The new set up is running on a Server 2008 R2 SP1 member server, and I have actually managed to get it authenticating quite nicely, by ensuring:

ASP.Net etc is installed
    Creating an application using Classic Modes and the .net 2 framework
    Enabling Allow Parent Paths
    Enabling windows authentication.

in fact, the whole migration was surprisingly smooth. The problem is it won't stay up! It will authenticate with no problems at all for a few hours, and then all of a sudden the authentication will stop working!

Weird thing though- when it fails, I'm not getting the usual Internet explorer please authenticate pop up box, I'm getting the Devizes log on screen. It seems to me that the authentication isn't failing at the IIS/Windows level, but it is not passing the credentials through to the room booking system. Has anyone had any weird errors like this before?

The authentication failing seems to be random, i.e it's not happening a set time everyday, but seems to be crashing between 4-10 times a day! A quick reboot of the server (not the IIS service, as this makes no difference) seems to solve it temporarily. I'm at a loss!!

There doesn't appear to be anything to obvious in the eventvwr, except for these weird errors:

Event 12, IIS-Configuration
    Unable to find schema for config section 'system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment'. This section will be ignored.
    Unable to find schema for config section 'system.serviceModel/client'. This section will be ignored.
    Unable to find schema for config section 'system.serviceModel/extensions'. This section will be ignored.

and every now and then (although not every time it stops working....)

The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server LDAP/dc1.domain.com/domain.com@DOMAIN.COM. No authentication protocol was available.
    The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server LDAP/dc2.domain.com/domain.com@DOMAIN.COM. No authentication protocol was available.
    The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server LDAP/dc3.domain.com/domain.com@DOMAIN.COM. No authentication protocol was available.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Thank Post
    Hi,

Im sorry but I dont have any help for you with you authentication problems but we are in exactly the same situation as you! Using Devizes room bookig and moving from 2003r2 DCs up to 2008/2012. We are trying to set it up in IIS 8 on server 2012 (I think very similar to iis 7) and we are struggling!!!

I know that this is a lot to ask, but following the instructions on the IIS6 setup just do not make any sense to us on IIS7 we are really scratching our heads and failed miserably.!

Is there any chance that you could do a IIS 7 installation walk-through in setting it up for us please? Maybe if we both have it running I can then see if we experience the same authentication problems that you do?

Here are the original instructions:

Booking System Web Site.

1:Copy the "Active" folder from the zip file to the root of your web server.
    We copied the folder to "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Active"?
    2:Copy the database "Data Bases" folder to a directory on your web server - DONE
    3: Using notepad, open the file DatabasePath.asp - DONE
    4: Using notepad, Edit ModuleSettings.asp - DONE
    5. Open Internet Information Services Manager (admin tools in the control panel on the server) Right click on the Active folder and select Properties.
    There is no propertis.. lost from her on!
    6) Click on the Create button
    7) Click on Configuration and select the options tab. Inshore the "Enable parent paths box is ticked as below".- Cant find this anywhere!
    8) If the server is part of a windows domain select Directory security - Assume this is the same?

Hope that you can help us and maybe we can help you!!
    Thanks in advance

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread