+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, MRBS Email Config in Technical; Hi All, Just wondering if anyone has managed to get MRBS working with Gmail? I have tried so many ways, ...

Thank Post

MRBS Email Config

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has managed to get MRBS working with Gmail?

I have tried so many ways, and would be interested in anyone could help or give some advice!?

Matt

Thank Post
    I too struggled for a long time to get this to work, hopefully this helps you out. Here are the settings I have changed in the config.inc.php file and it seems to work, the booker(user) gets an automated email of the booking. Make sure the to setup your "WHO TO EMAIL" section too. I only have selected to email the booker and it works. I will be testing this next school year the other email notifications. I highlighted the settings I changed in red.

Code:
    // WHO TO EMAIL
    // ------------
    // The following settings determine who should be emailed when a booking is made,
    // edited or deleted (though the latter two events depend on the "When" settings below).
    // Set to TRUE or FALSE as required
    // (Note:  the email addresses for the room and area administrators are set from the
    // edit_area_room.php page in MRBS)
    $mail_settings['admin_on_bookings']      = FALSE;  // the addresses defined by $mail_settings['recipients'] below
    $mail_settings['area_admin_on_bookings'] = FALSE;  // the area administrator
    $mail_settings['room_admin_on_bookings'] = FALSE;  // the room administrator
    $mail_settings['booker']                 = TRUE;  // the person making the booking
    $mail_settings['book_admin_on_approval'] = FALSE;  // the booking administrator when booking approval is enabled
                                                       // (which is the MRBS admin, but this setting allows MRBS
                                                       // to be extended to have separate booking approvers)

/*******************
     * SMTP settings
     */

// These settings are only used with the "smtp" backend"
    $smtp_settings['host'] = 'smtp.gmail.com';  // SMTP server
    $smtp_settings['port'] = 465;           // SMTP port number
    $smtp_settings['auth'] = TRUE;        // Whether to use SMTP authentication
    $smtp_settings['username'] = 'user@yourgoogledomain.org';       // Username (if using authentication)   <---  This of course is the email address you want to use to authenticate with
    $smtp_settings['password'] = 'password';       // Password (if using authentication)

// EMAIL - MISCELLANEOUS
    // ---------------------

// Set the email address of the From field. Default is 'admin_email@your.org'
    $mail_settings['from'] = 'noreply@yourgoogledomain.org';      <----- This can be a fake email address but gmail users will get a warning that it might be spam

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread