+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, HELP! NetSupport 11 Tutor not able to see SOME student machines in Technical; Hi, We are having an intermittent issue with some of our machines running netsupport 11. The software is installed correctly ...

Thank Post

Angry HELP! NetSupport 11 Tutor not able to see SOME student machines

Hi,

We are having an intermittent issue with some of our machines running netsupport 11.
    The software is installed correctly on all machines and settings are deployed with group policy and are being applied to all machines even the ones that are not showing up. The strange thing is I can see the machines looking from the NetSupport tech console but the tutor of the class cannot see several of them (see image below from my tech console).

We are using a gateway setup and the machines are also visible in the gateway. Any ideas what can be causing this problem? We have tried everything we can think of, and reinstalling the student client has worked in some cases but obviously is not a long term solution.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Thank Post
    Hi, how are you connecting to the Students at the Tutor? If you can I'd contact our support team, they can walk you through checking the configuration to make sure everything is set correctly.

Regards
    Rob

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhawkins View Post
    Hi, how are you connecting to the Students at the Tutor? If you can I'd contact our support team, they can walk you through checking the configuration to make sure everything is set correctly.

Regards
    Rob
    Hi Rob,

We are connecting on a room by room basis with configuration from group policy. The tutors and students are configured to access our gateway server with room keys set for the different rooms so as to only have access to the correct machines. The tutors browse the whole subnet that all school machines are in, and the machines that are not visible are in the same subnet as the others that are.

With regards to support I think our support contract has expired so I doubt we will get anywhere with the support team.

Regards,

JT

Thank Post
    JT, we don't do 'support contracts' so you will always get support directly from us regardless of product version or whether you are on maintenance.

Rob

Thank Post
    Hi Karl,

I work in the support team at NetSupport and I would like to offer our assistance in setting up NetSupport School within your environment.

Unfortunately from reviewing our Support system we were unable to locate any record of you contacting our support team.

If you would like to contact the NetSupport support team direct on support@netsupportsoftware.com we will be happy to help.

Regards

Andy

Thank Post
    Karl,

Please contact me directly or our support team ASAP. I am surprised at your previous comments as NetSupport School is very easy to setup and there are many options that our support team would have given you with regards to deployment - of course there will questions to understand the environment and what you are trying to achieve (in my opinion it would be irresponsible not to qualify the requirement first).

As mentioned, we have no record of you having contacted us and would appreciate the opportunity to help you.

We await your response.

Matt Jones - NetSupport Ltd - matt.jones@netsupportsoftware.com

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread