+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, CC3 GPO issues, Policies not taking at all in Technical; Hello all. In a lengthy call with RM and decided to come here for some answers whilst I wait for ...
    Thank Post

CC3 GPO issues, Policies not taking at all

Hello all. In a lengthy call with RM and decided to come here for some answers whilst I wait for them to take their sweet time. I have new machines which I am currently building onto our existing CC3 network. Everything works great apart from our custom log on screen. The GPO that defines the setting for the banner message, screensaver and "Restart/Shutdown" settings are not being applied to these machines. I rebuilt a old machine, only to find the same thing happen. I have checked the settings in the RM Management tool, and also via System Management > All System Settings and the GPOs are listed and stated as enabled. Further more, gpresult gives me a list of applied and failed GPOs, and it's a long list of failed. Result

Now then, RM have already performed a remote session and had a look about not doing much. Just to clarify, I'm currently working with Server 2003 and XP SP3 clients. I have one through with EIS reinstall the respective apps for the components concerned initially but this problem seems to be much more than it started out to be. So, any ideas? Need more details, just ask. I need to solve this asap so I can build the rest of the new kit ready for the next term break.

Thanks.

ajs

Thank Post
    I've seen that before when one of the global GPOs has somehow got its security messed up but I can't remember which. I suspect it's the All Stations one. May be worth checking that Authenticated Users have Read permissions on it and not Custom (as a start)

3. Thanks to ajs from:

ReisenUInaba (13th February 2013)

Thank Post
    So that people know, ajs was on the right lines. Had it sorted now by RM as I myself couldn't find the inferior policy.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread