+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Network and Classroom Management Thread, independent Primary School Network? in Technical; Originally Posted by Ryan233 yeah Our Local Authority offered us something like that for our MIS transfer System and i ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan233 View Post
    yeah Our Local Authority offered us something like that for our MIS transfer System and i have to say its 100% complete rubbish. we have had more problems with this then anything else. The problems we have with this solution is that staff keep losing there fob keys and then the school need to pay 120 pound for a new one.which then takes the local authority about 2 weeks to config and send back to us. Updates to the Critix cilent is the most annoying issue we have at the moment. seems like its doing updates every second of the second.
    Slightly OT here but just wanted to say something about the above. 2-factor authentication around MIS transfers is a good thing and the fact that staff lose their fobs is a bad thing. Are staff disciplined when this happens? Once is understandable but I get the impression from the sound of frustration in the above post that this is a bit more regular than that.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    Slightly OT here but just wanted to say something about the above. 2-factor authentication around MIS transfers is a good thing and the fact that staff lose their fobs is a bad thing. Are staff disciplined when this happens? Once is understandable but I get the impression from the sound of frustration in the above post that this is a bit more regular than that.
    First thing is yes the staff do get disciplined when there lose the fobs,yeah i agree 2 factor Authentication is a good thing but when you can't even get logged on to the portal,its useless. We have had the MIS transfer system in for about 4-5 weeks now. i have to say we have used to about once. since we cannot logon to it. due to it being unstable. I have called the Local Authority and even there said there are having issue with the system and are telling people to use the old methods.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12