+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, iTALC & LANView Problems in Technical; Hi Folks, I've been experimenting with both iTALC and LANView recently and have a couple of queries that I hope ...

Thank Post

iTALC & LANView Problems

Hi Folks,

I've been experimenting with both iTALC and LANView recently and have a couple of queries that I hope someone else can shed some light onto.

Ideally I would like to install the LANView client on each PC in the school for use by myself and the other guys in the ICT team (using the LANView server on our own PC's).

I would also like to setup the LANView server on the teacher's PC's in each of our main suites (20 PC's in each suite), but restrict the teacher to seeing just the PC's in his/her suite, rather than the whole network. I've tried applying the "allowed computers" registry fix for the LANView clients as mentioned on the MST Software forums, but this doesn't work. Has anyone else seen this issue?

As an alternative I had a look at iTALC, which looks really good and is more suited to classroom management. I have it up and running in one suite and everything works fine, but I am getting exception errors relating to ica.exe every time I log a PC on or off. Is this a known bug, and is there a resolution? I have looked on the iTALC wiki, but it doesn't provide much information.

Unfortunately we can't afford NetOp or even some of the cheaper alternatives!

Hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance,

Kenny

Thank Post

Re: iTALC & LANView Problems

Resolved the error with LANView's registry key for controlling server access, but had to give up with iTALC.

It's a pity re iTALC as it looks like a really great product. Perhaps later version will be more stable.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread