+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, RM CC4 - setting compatibility mode off by default for all users in Technical; Hi How would i set IE 9 compatibility mode off for all users by default? I have figured out how ...

Thank Post

RM CC4 - setting compatibility mode off by default for all users

Hi

How would i set IE 9 compatibility mode off for all users by default? I have figured out how to enable the button and options for users but i would rather just change it for them so i don't have to ask 1400 users to change it.

This is because our VLE menu displays in some pretty strange ways in compatibility mode and i want to turn it off by default for all users but cannot find where to do it.

Thanks

P.S. I have found the turn off compatibility mode in the registry policies but when logging in as staff the box for "enable compatibility view for intranet sites is still ticked, when unticked it works.
    Last edited by tj2419; 7th October 2012 at 10:55 AM. Reason: More information

Thank Post
    I think you may need to enable "Turn on Internet Explorer Standards Mode for Local Intranet" setting in Group Policy for all users. The setting is in: User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Internet Explorer/Compatibility View

We needed to enabled this setting to prevent compatibility mode running by default when accessing our VLE which was causing issues displaying the theme correctly.

Not sure if you can or are supposed edit Group Policy directly with CC4 though..?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think from memory you can do that anyway in the registry settings bit of CC4's management console. If not, there's no problem with editing/adding GPO's manually. Just make sure you keep notes of all changes made and to what/where just in case.

For exactly the same purpose it was easier for us to ensure Chrome was available for users. Can't for the life of me remember if we played with compatibility mode at all. At least I felt a lot better knowing a half decent browser was usable on the network

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread