+ Post New Thread
Netware Thread, How difficult ... in Technical; I know that with images and setups on Novell and Windows XP that it is difficult to roll out new ...

Thank Post

How difficult ...

I know that with images and setups on Novell and Windows XP that it is difficult to roll out new upgrades for some software. Has anyone had any problems using Serif software?

Also any idea on how to remove the loading screen that appears when you run any Microsoft program students seem to click cancel and it causes some problems in Frontpage but now teachers are saying why does it do this everytime I log on it doesn't do it at other schools ....

What I want to say ... go work there ... or tell them not to click cancel .... how easy can I stop this that from popping up?

Thanks for all the help.

Thank Post

Re: How difficult ...

Quote Originally Posted by grimrod

Also any idea on how to remove the loading screen that appears when you run any Microsoft program students seem to click cancel and it causes some problems in Frontpage but now teachers are saying why does it do this everytime I log on it doesn't do it at other schools ....
    You mean the MSI saying Configuring word blah blah blah or similar when you click on it?

Thank Post

Yup. all that blah blah blah .... with cancel the only option besides waiting for it to load.

Thank Post

I don't have any real issues rolling out software on a Netware/Windows XP network except with 'educational' software that assumes that the only servers that exist are from Microsoft (did I hear somebody say Nelson Thornes), tho i usually find that installing said software to a workstation and then moving the installed files to a netware server afterwards usually works. As for the microsoft "installing/configuring" for each user on log in...you need to let it install for one user, configure it's options as you want, and then copy the user's profile over the top of the default user profile for the machine.
    As for imaging of PC's, I use one of two standard base images for all our PC's , one with HDAudio support and one without. Addittional or differing hardware is handled through secondary add-on images containing drivers that are merged in during the post sysprep mini-setup stage.

As an aside, if you are managing a Netware network and are just using standard plain XP Pro for you clients, you really ought to take a look at Zenworks for your desktop management.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information