+ Post New Thread
Netware Thread, Printer credit allocations?? in Technical; I am going to be installing some software to monitor the use of printers. What i am looking for are ...
    Thank Post

Printer credit allocations??

I am going to be installing some software to monitor the use of printers.

What i am looking for are examples of print quotas allocated to users. i.e how many shets of papwer per pupil, staff memebr, department etc do other schools allocate.

It would also be useful to know if this figure is per term, half term or academic year.

Also what charge per extra sheet do you make for mono and colour.

thanks

Alex

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Printer credit allocations??

Pupils are allocated 50 credits per week, staff 100 (reset to that number, not added on incrementally). Sheets on mono printers are charged 2 credits, colour at 5 credits. A3 sheets are charged at 10.

Thank Post

Our little darlings get £2.00 at the start of the year. WWhen they've used that they have to cough up!

The staff are simply monitored. Every month, I print off a report of the 10 highest users and how much all the staff have printed. If anyone is taking the p***, they are warned and persistant offenders will have monies deducted!

I worked out the approx. ink costs (paper is charged to the department by the ream) to be:
    * HP LaserJet 40x0tn £0.008
    * HP LaserJet 2300dtn £0.009
    * HP Business Inkjet 1100n/1200dtn £0.099
    * HP OfficeJet K850dn £0.199 (A3)

These costs are very conservative but the printers tend not to be used for full pages of colour or photographs. I did do a test yesturday and found that an A3 photo cost £0.292 on the K850 so the prices won't be far off.

Thank Post

3p a page b/w, 5p a page colour.

Thank Post

@free...: A little harsh on the B&W and a little generous on the colour there aren't you?!? :P

Thank Post

@ric - "treat them mean, keep them lean"
    [the women in my life i mean...]

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts

No limit on B&W or some colour, colour copy has built in management, costs are to the staff and kids - 35p A3, 25p A4 colour and something like 7p for A4 and 12p for A3 black. That ensures all costs are covered and that the colour copier has paid for itself when it is binned in 4/5 years time. If its covered its purchase costs and we have a few quid in the vandalism pot then we will drop the costs, but I have to ensure that it does not owe us a penny when we ditch it, so I would rather have covered its costs by Y3 and then drop the costs than not covering them. Also my though is, if its covered its costs then we can use any excess to replace some of the other dinosaurs we have got!

I had a nasty shock when I found 2 highly used machines are costing near enough 1p per A4 sheet! and I normally get the copy costs to 0.0045 per sheet, and have managed to get 2 machines onto single click A3 so they are also 0.0045p per sheet. Needless to say those machines are either being replaced or re-located.

Thank Post

1p for A4 monochrome, 2p A3 monochrome, 50p A4 Colour, £1 A3 Colour. Envelopes 1p.

Students get £5.00 a week print quota, staff are unlimited BUT we produce monthly accounts for each department and the bursar charges the staff printing costs along with photocopying to departments.

There were howls of protest from the department heads when this was introduced but it has had a significant impact on reducing colour printing costs across the school. We use Pcontrol to manage printing.

GCSE Technology students in particular tended to produce up to 40 page A3 portfolios in full colour, so we were wasting huge amounts of paper/toner until we introduced print quotas. I introduced students (and staff!) to the concept of draft printing in monochrome before printing final in colour. If a student runs out of money we look at their print history and if there has been legitimate use we increase it, the objective being never to prevent a student from completing and presenting work.

The controls were introduced as a result of one of our students (Y11, now left) who printed enough A4 colour photos of her favourite football player to paper her bedroom wall!

Thank Post

well all pupils have 5.00 each to use for printing once they run out they have to see gatt and pay him for an extra 5.00 to use if they dont use it all after the half terms they reset to 5.00......

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread