+ Post New Thread
Netware Thread, iManager 2.6 and CIFS in Technical; I'm working on problems using BE11d for Windows with Netware agent ... see post to RoyG's Backup Exec posting. A ...

Thank Post

iManager 2.6 and CIFS

I'm working on problems using BE11d for Windows with Netware agent ... see post to RoyG's Backup Exec posting.

A work round suggested is to share the Netware volumes using CIFS - but I've got a problem configuring this.

Using iManager 2.6.0 - in the `File Protocols` section, select CIFS. Browse to find server - "This user does not have the correct credentials to authenticate to the CIMOM client." - Investigations of this error message lead to suggestions that the admin user object may not have a UniqueID - but it has. Trying with manually adding "server.container" seems better, but gives error message: "Cannot continue because there is not a session manager". Is my iManager installation at fault? I must admit I've only just started on iManager (I thought I was doing well migrating from NWADMIN to ConsoleOne!).

Thank Post

Re: iManager 2.6 and CIFS

In classic forum style, I'm answering my own post ... I tried the same procedure on another server and it worked straight off!

Even more bizarre - I then went back to the original server and CIFS sharing just worked there too. I don't know what was happening yesterday and earlier today to create the problem ... do you?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information