How to get financial approval for a new phone
I've had my HTC Desire for 18 months (on a 24 month contract) but was itching to get an Galaxy S2 :(
I had a bit of a brainwave and put some numbers into a spreadsheet and then went to the CFO (the wife) for approval and she said yes :)
So for the old(er) geeks in the same position - this is what I argued.
1. In hindsight - I should have gone for the 18 month contract (£5 month more)
2. If I had, I would have had to fork out an extra £90 by now.
3. To cancel my old contract now costs £200.
4. But If I sell my old phone for £100, it will only cost £100.
5. But since I should have paid another £90 anyway - then the real cost of the change is £10 :)