iPad Management and File storage - OSX Server or third party
I have been looking through the forums to try find an answer to the following two questions.
1. Can you manage iPads via OSX server wirelessly e.g. Meaning i don't have to keep bringing them up to the office? Can i deploy apps wirelessly. E.g. Teacher wants an app on an ipad i login and allocate the app and it is installed on the ipads without the need for entering a password or any involvement ipad side?
2. Would a third party mdm be better?
3. The dreaded file storage issue. What options are there for student use? Is there anything that would allow them to access their own my documents? How are schools that have deployed a lot of ipads (not 1:1) managing files with the devices being used by multiple students. Options i can think of are below:
- Dropbox - Individual studnet accounts or a 100GB centralised account?
- Skydrive? Anyone been updated to the new office 365? Tried skydrive Pro on it? wiht the skydrive app.
- Any way to get them to use an app to access network shares? I have tried file browser but they can move back up the file structure which i don't want them to do.
Any ideas over the file storage or advice over MDM's would be greatly appreciated.