iPod Touch- Restoring from backup in iTunes
I've currently got 2 iPod Touches (with probably more on the way soon) and I'm just trying to get them set up identically.
I thought I'd be able to set one up exactly how I want it, back it up with iTunes and then plug the other one in and restore from that backup.
Unfortunately it hasn't quite worked...
- The 'original' one has 3.9GB available, the copied one has 4.0GB available
- The original had FaceTime disabled (and not visible on any homescreen), but the copy has FaceTime on the first homescreen.
- Some of the Wifi settings were copied across but not the password
- The email has also lost it's password in the copied device
- The wallpaper was transferred ok, and it looks like all of the apps are there in the correct folders, but because FaceTime has appeared on the first homescreen, it's pushed the folders that should be on the second screen onto the third screen!
- The Safari homepage has copied across nicely though
Apart from that, the devices are identical! Way to go iTunes!
Anyone else had this problem? I guess the iPhone Configuration Utility or Apple Configurator should be used to backup and restore instead of just iTunes?