+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, HTC One X vs Google Galaxy Nexus Battery Life? in Technical; I am looking at getting another phone to replace my Touch Pro 2 and given my requirement for a high ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 2,187 Posts
    Blog Entries

Question HTC One X vs Google Galaxy Nexus Battery Life?

I am looking at getting another phone to replace my Touch Pro 2 and given my requirement for a high screen resolution and up to date OS in a pocketable form factor I have narrowed it down to the above two.

I know that the One X is superior in most ways but for the required specs the Nexus Galaxy manages to fit as well. There is a difference of $200 beween them and so I am wondering about the battery life as the next big deciding factor. I still would like a Windows Phone but the screen res is just not high enough and I am sick of waiting for WP8.

Does anyone have either of these phones and what kind of battery life do you get for what kind of usage?

Any non-obvious reasons that I have not thought of to prefer one over the other.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    No one has either of these phones? With all the Android love on here I was sure there would be at least a few with one or the other.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,164 Times in 758 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ric has a nexus. It's nice, but I think it's looking a lot slower compared to the multicore devices.

Why not the S3 though? similar specs to the one x, but with a bigger battery - reviews seem fairly favourable in regard to battery life.

4. Thanks to Domino from:

SYNACK (31st May 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Ric has a nexus. It's nice, but I think it's looking a lot slower compared to the multicore devices.

Why not the S3 though? similar specs to the one x, but with a bigger battery - reviews seem fairly favourable in regard to battery life.
    Way more expencive here and bends over backwards to Apple, I'm not going to reward that kind of behaviour.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 721 Posts
    One thing to watch out for is build quality on the One X. Went through 4 different handsets before deciding enough was enough.

7. Thanks to SYSMAN_MK from:

SYNACK (1st June 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I had the Google One, battery life was absolute pony.

I now use the 4s...before you pelt me with digital offal, I tried just about every alternative. Nothing came close IMHO

Wolf

9. Thanks to CPLTD from:

SYNACK (1st June 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,164 Times in 758 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Way more expencive here and bends over backwards to Apple, I'm not going to reward that kind of behaviour.
    getting sued by = bending over to ?

Anyway, also considered the One S? not quite the spec of the X, but a whole lot of phone for the money.

11. Thanks to Domino from:

SYNACK (1st June 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    getting sued by = bending over to ?

Anyway, also considered the One S? not quite the spec of the X, but a whole lot of phone for the money.
    They backed down rather than jumping on Apple for patenting a shape and a colour as they are in a weak position with Apple being a large client as well as a compeditor meaning they will always be on the back foot and bending over to Apple.

Had not looked at the One S but that is weirdly more expencive than the One X here and has rubbish res, my eyesight is alright and more res means less zooming and easier RDP etc.

The Google Galaxy Nexus is around $600, the One X is around $820 and the One S is $830. The Galaxy S3 is around $1100 currently and although the memory card slot would be nice they tend to hash their software a lot more than HTC and there is the previously meantioned bending over to Apple. Giving up half the UI features because Apple 'invented' them later is just rubbish. I want to easily be able to see the messages waiting etc. a lot of that ease of use has been sacrificed to Apple even though most of it was done before by others. I'd look at Cygnonmod but one that kills the warrenty and two it seems to be based on an older version of Android as Google has not released the later versions of the 'open' Android. Note: I am alright with them not releasign it but it does limit the changability of the device so I want to make sure the software is not hash to start with as neither party can be trusted to update it later.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    I'd look at Cygnonmod but one that kills the warrenty and two it seems to be based on an older version of Android as Google has not released the later versions of the 'open' Android. Note: I am alright with them not releasign it but it does limit the changability of the device so I want to make sure the software is not hash to start with as neither party can be trusted to update it later.
    4.0.4 is the latest Android release, and it is open. I'm running it on an ancient HTC Desire.

14. Thanks to CyberNerd from:

SYNACK (1st June 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberNerd View Post
    4.0.4 is the latest Android release, and it is open. I'm running it on an ancient HTC Desire.
    Ok, thats good to hear, is Cygnonmod just behind the times or was I misunderstanding their page?

Thank Post
    Ok, thats good to hear, is Cygnonmod just behind the times or was I misunderstanding their page?
    There isn't a CM for my phone. My understanding is that CM9 (ICS) is available for some devices.

My next phone will probably be whatever has the most support from independent developers; ie the most popular one bar apple or MS.

17. Thanks to CyberNerd from:

SYNACK (1st June 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberNerd View Post
    Same here, running this one ICS for HTC Desire - Home Its great dont think I need to upgrade this month now

What ROM are you running?

19. Thanks to JJonas from:

SYNACK (1st June 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JJonas View Post
    Same here, running this one ICS for HTC Desire - Home Its great dont think I need to upgrade this month now

What ROM are you running?
    The same. 0.8.1 atm
    Was going to upgrade this week to 0.10.
    I do find ICS a bit slow on this phone sometimes.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Running ICS 4.0.4 on my Galaxy S.

Only had it on a few days, but it does seem to run better than the previous build.

For the record, I think the S3 would be the better choice over the HTC or Nexus..... but that is just my opinion!

22. Thanks to aerospacemango from:

SYNACK (1st June 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread