+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Voltage Too High message in Technical; Anyone else getting Voltage too High msgs when charging (or sometimes even when not charging) on their 'droid I've a ...

Thank Post

Voltage Too High message

Anyone else getting Voltage too High msgs when charging (or sometimes even when not charging) on their 'droid

I've a Galaxy S2 and when I started getting it when charging in the car I put it down to a faulty car charger / fact that I'm using a big cheap ebay battery)

In the last week, I've started getting the msg in the morning following an overnight charge but getting them with the charger unplugged!

Googling has brought up a complete load of dross (We need the old internet back that just had stuff that was right or wrong and it was easy to tell the difference )

So, anyone else here had this and have you managed to cure it without erasing everthing, going back to gingerbread or sending it off to Samsung for replacement!

Si

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,664 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Have you tried checking the output of the charger with a voltmeter. It could also be a case of a 'stupid' charger, the USB spec allows up to a certain amount of power by default then allow the device to request additional power. If the PSU is just providing max output power from the get go then it could be tripping out the charging system.

Thank Post
    Have you tried checking the output of the charger with a voltmeter
    I think you missed that it now happens after an overnight charge (on my bedside via the mains charger that came with it) and without anything being plugged in

Have a laugh - google it and see the range of "suggestions" to fix it

Si

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,664 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I did and rolled my eyes a tad, it all comes back to Google not supporting their stuff properly. It looks like it has effected many of the S2s even on the stock rom so I'm guessing it's a setting burried in the baseband firmware that has set the tollerences too low. I think that it may be logging the fault and just getting stuck on that log.

The best suggestions that I found were performing a complete hard reset and firmware upgrade or taking it back to the store and getting another one that may have a newer/uncorrupted baseband.

Thank Post
    Yup, I've got the same problem an' all, but it only occurs when charging in the car.

My problem only surfaced when I upgraded to ICS 4.0. Then, I installed a stock ROM but that didn't quell the problem, either.

Simply rebooting the phone helps in the interim but the problem soon resurfaces again.

6. Thanks to Chuckster from:

SimpleSi (20th May 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread