+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 61
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Free Ipad management in Technical; Mines tracking me to about 5 miles of where I am so is an improvement on the San Jose... Would ...
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Medway, Kent
    Posts
    196
    Thank Post
    4
    Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts
    Rep Power
    16
    Mines tracking me to about 5 miles of where I am so is an improvement on the San Jose...

    Would like to see the full findmyiphone options, like send message and lock down device with new passcode...

  2. #32
    soveryapt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    2,356
    Thank Post
    617
    Thanked 274 Times in 241 Posts
    Rep Power
    77
    Anyone on the CLEO network got this to work (i.e. clients showing up in their system manager)?

  3. #33
    mwnci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    87
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts
    Rep Power
    19
    On SWGFL here, have had firewall ports opened. Can get Windows clients to talk to console, but not iOS. Could it be the proxy server?

  4. #34

    garethedmondson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Gowerton, Swansea
    Posts
    2,200
    Thank Post
    936
    Thanked 315 Times in 184 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    163
    Anyone got it to connect to the UK Apps store? I'm trying to send KeyNote - we have it purchased in iTunes but it doesn't seem to link with iTunes. Cannot see anywhere that will work with our iTunes account.

    GJE

  5. #35

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,216
    Thank Post
    2,766
    Thanked 935 Times in 875 Posts
    Rep Power
    343
    @wagnerk - free iPad management

  6. #36

    glennda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    7,714
    Thank Post
    269
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Rep Power
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmay View Post
    Mines tracking me to about 5 miles of where I am so is an improvement on the San Jose...

    Would like to see the full findmyiphone options, like send message and lock down device with new passcode...
    The tracking is done via Geo Locating the IP Address - you will probably find when you go google they target things to that location.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    120
    Thank Post
    28
    Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by garethedmondson View Post
    Anyone got it to connect to the UK Apps store? I'm trying to send KeyNote - we have it purchased in iTunes but it doesn't seem to link with iTunes. Cannot see anywhere that will work with our iTunes account.

    GJE
    From what I understand and I'm no expert so sorry if I'm wrong. You cannot push out paid for apps yet as you require the volume license to push paid apps out and you can only get that in the USA. Free apps should work fine with it though.

  8. #38

    glennda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    7,714
    Thank Post
    269
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Rep Power
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by TechieWils View Post
    From what I understand and I'm no expert so sorry if I'm wrong. You cannot push out paid for apps yet as you require the volume license to push paid apps out and you can only get that in the USA. Free apps should work fine with it though.
    I believe this is the case - i've only tried it with free apps.!

  9. #39

    GrumbleDook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gosport, Hampshire
    Posts
    9,881
    Thank Post
    1,316
    Thanked 1,738 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    563
    From my last conversation with Apple, technically you are still purchasing an App but there is no charge ... so you cannot use any other tool to deploy the App within EU at this time.

    I'll ask for clarification but deployment of any App should only be for those which are developed in-house and 'self-signed' rather than signed by the App Store.
    Last edited by GrumbleDook; 28th June 2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: tyop

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    138
    Thank Post
    4
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
    Rep Power
    7
    Hi All,

    Has anyone had any luck getting Meraki working now that the Volume License Programme has been released in the UK?

    Our school is just starting to jump on the iOS bandwagon.

    James.

  11. #41

    plexer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    12,968
    Thank Post
    587
    Thanked 1,495 Times in 1,341 Posts
    Rep Power
    398
    Now has android support.

    Ben

  12. #42

    glennda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    7,714
    Thank Post
    269
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Rep Power
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by j224 View Post
    Hi All,

    Has anyone had any luck getting Meraki working now that the Volume License Programme has been released in the UK?

    Our school is just starting to jump on the iOS bandwagon.

    James.
    Sorry missed this because I was on holiday. I will ask the question to the support guys next time i give them a call. It's probably something that will need to be written into it especially.

    And yes had an email a few days ago re android. Havn't played with it yet as been playing with the Teaviewer client for Samsung Droids

  13. #43
    kennysarmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,254
    Thank Post
    75
    Thanked 45 Times in 31 Posts
    Rep Power
    30
    I am running through the SWGfL and have asked them to open the ports specified on the meraki support docs:

    Source IP: 10.107.91.0/24, 10.107.92.0/24

    Destination IP: Meraki.com, amazon.com

    Port: 80, 443

    2195 - 2196

    5223, 5228, 60000 - 60100

    Protocol: TCP

    I still cannot get any iPADS' to check-in.

    I've checked the smoothwall and when querying the realtime webfilter for the iPAD's IP I don't seem to get a block:
    09:14:52 10.107.91.1 https://n19.meraki.com OK (200)
    Just lines similar to the above.

    Has anyone else got meraki working through the SWGfL with a meru/smoothwall combo?

  14. #44
    Rozzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    720
    Thank Post
    21
    Thanked 80 Times in 61 Posts
    Rep Power
    32
    I did an install the other day in a SWGFL school and unblocked the following inbound and outbound.

    Port TCP 1640 (SCEP)
    Port TCP 5223 (APNS)
    Port TCP 2195 (APNS)
    Port TCP 2196 (APNS)

    Hope this helps.

    Ross

    Quote Originally Posted by kennysarmy View Post
    I am running through the SWGfL and have asked them to open the ports specified on the meraki support docs:

    Source IP: 10.107.91.0/24, 10.107.92.0/24

    Destination IP: Meraki.com, amazon.com

    Port: 80, 443

    2195 - 2196

    5223, 5228, 60000 - 60100

    Protocol: TCP

    I still cannot get any iPADS' to check-in.

    I've checked the smoothwall and when querying the realtime webfilter for the iPAD's IP I don't seem to get a block:
    09:14:52 10.107.91.1 https://n19.meraki.com OK (200)
    Just lines similar to the above.

    Has anyone else got meraki working through the SWGfL with a meru/smoothwall combo?

  15. #45

    glennda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    7,714
    Thank Post
    269
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Rep Power
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozzer View Post
    I did an install the other day in a SWGFL school and unblocked the following inbound and outbound.

    Port TCP 1640 (SCEP)
    Port TCP 5223 (APNS)
    Port TCP 2195 (APNS)
    Port TCP 2196 (APNS)

    Hope this helps.

    Ross
    You dont have to open inbound all connections are started from the AP

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11th December 2013, 08:50 PM
  2. Free Classroom Manager for all Acer Educational customers
    By PaulBedford in forum Network and Classroom Management
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 9th June 2011, 10:05 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd March 2011, 04:11 PM
  4. Free network management tools
    By MNHughes in forum Network and Classroom Management
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22nd April 2010, 11:52 AM
  5. Free change management software?
    By spc-rocket in forum Windows
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 18th January 2006, 10:28 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •