+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Android tablet loses Wi-Fi proxy settings in Technical; We have Archos 70b and Archos 80 G9 tablets as a trial in the school, and have configured a wi-fi ...

Thank Post

Android tablet loses Wi-Fi proxy settings

We have Archos 70b and Archos 80 G9 tablets as a trial in the school, and have configured a wi-fi connection on the tablets. They connect fine.

The G9 tablets have recently received the Android 4 update.
    The 70b tabs are on Honeycomb.

If I tap and hold the wireless network I created and do Modify, there is a box there to enter our proxy address and port. I do this and save it. I can now browse the net on the tablet and all sites work fine. We have to use this proxy in the school or the net doesn't work on the tablets as everything must go through the proxy.

However, on both tablets, if I disconnect wi-fi and reconnect, it connects fine, but loses the proxy settings I set on the WLAN, as if I never set it in the first place. So the net can't be browsed.

My personal Galaxy SII maintains the proxy fine. Why can't these tablets? Is there anything we can do?

Thank Post
    I don't know whether your equipment will have the capability but we are just about to start a similar trial and have configured a proxy less connection through our firewall. We are using open DNS for filtering and force the DNS of all devices for their servers. We had to do some tweaking on acls to allow this through then blocked everything else

Thank Post
    What version of Android do they have? I seem to remember that there was a problem with WiFi on 2.2 it could be this causing the problem.

Thank Post
    The 70b tabs are on Honeycomb (3.2).

Thank Post
    Its not the issue I was thinking of then, have you had a look on XDA Developers website its a fantastic source of Android info http://forum.xda-developers.com and there is also the Android Forums site too Android Forums sorry I can't help further

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nLinked View Post
    We have Archos 70b and Archos 80 G9 tablets as a trial in the school, and have configured a wi-fi connection on the tablets. They connect fine.

The 70b tabs are on Honeycomb.

If I tap and hold the wireless network I created and do Modify, there is a box there to enter our proxy address and port. I do this and save it. I can now browse the net on the tablet and all sites work fine. We have to use this proxy in the school or the net doesn't work on the tablets as everything must go through the proxy.

However, on both tablets, if I disconnect wi-fi and reconnect, it connects fine, but loses the proxy settings I set on the WLAN, as if I never set it in the first place. So the net can't be browsed.

My personal Galaxy SII maintains the proxy fine. Why can't these tablets? Is there anything we can do?
    I have the similar kind of problem for my Nexus S when my phone got upgraded to 2.3.6 via OTA. However i was able to solve the problem by changing the below settings in my modem / Wi-Fi router. I Have Updated the Wireless channel to 4 and enable Security Mode as “WPA/WPA2-Personal(PSK)" as per the link How to Resolve WI-Fi issue with Android phone .

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread