+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Connecting iPads to whiteboards in Technical; Originally Posted by jamiegreen007 I have installed air server on my pc at school and mirror my iPad brought it. ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiegreen007 View Post
    I have installed air server on my pc at school and mirror my iPad brought it. I bought 5 site licences and have installed it on another colleagues pc. It is running but her iPad only recognises my pc which is in a different room.
    Don't forget to install Bonjour, the service-discovery protocol that AirPlay uses (I think it's the "Bonjour Print Services for Windows" MSI you need).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiegreen007 View Post
    I have installed air server on my pc at school and mirror my iPad brought it. I bought 5 site licences and have installed it on another colleagues pc. It is running but her iPad only recognises my pc which is in a different room. Any ideas
    I looked at this today at a school i was at. Latest version installed with DirectX bonjour installed. Win7 client users with roaming profiles. Installed as my roaming admin user to one class...named, set pw etc and worked fine. Then proceeded to install to other classes. Found though after a while that the name of the airserver on the PC changes each time i installed to name of last room i did?!?! When logged back into pc i first installed on name switched again!!! There is something not right with this i am guessing.....data not stored in the HKLM key...rather the HKCU key which is a bit pants!! anybody had issues with this with roaming profiles? and have a fix?
    cheers!!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Anyone here encounter difficulties playing video files with Airserver - if so how did you work around it?

Thank Post
    just a quick one, we have been using airplay with no issues on about 20 machines, and have now hit a bit of a snag. Staff have bough 6 iPads for students, that we dont want to be able to airplay to whiteboards. Is there any wany to block airplay, other than setting passwords to the airserver software we use.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecain View Post
    just a quick one, we have been using airplay with no issues on about 20 machines, and have now hit a bit of a snag. Staff have bough 6 iPads for students, that we dont want to be able to airplay to whiteboards. Is there any wany to block airplay, other than setting passwords to the airserver software we use.
    I would highly recommend placing staff and student wifi devices on different WiFi SSIDs and VLANs to segregate the traffic. Place the AirPlay devices on the staff wifi VLAN and you won't need passwords on AirPlay. If you don't do that you're only option is passwords on AirPlay. If you are running iOS7 and using MDM then you could setup policies that would set the AirPlay access and passwords on staff iPads.

6. Thanks to seawolf from:

speckytecky (25th November 2013)

Thank Post
    thats the way i am going down now, having a nightmare with the smoothwall though. cant get internet access on the port we have configured, even though the ipads can see the smoothwall. I am begining to think there may be some DNS issue.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456