+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, RM Slates - Has anyone had the Bluetooth Keyboards RM Supply with them? in Technical; We have 50 slates. So far 49 our of the 50 Bluetooth keyboards RM supplied from a 3rd party supplier ...

Thank Post

RM Slates - Has anyone had the Bluetooth Keyboards RM Supply with them?

We have 50 slates. So far 49 our of the 50 Bluetooth keyboards RM supplied from a 3rd party supplier have had the connection on the actual keyboard break, meaning that they now cannot charge. RM keep sending us out replacements, but has anyone else had this product? It'd be really helpful if anyone has and could give me some feedback.

Thanks

Laura

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    We have 50 slates. So far 49 our of the 50 Bluetooth keyboards RM supplied from a 3rd party supplier have had the connection on the actual keyboard break, meaning that they now cannot charge. RM keep sending us out replacements, but has anyone else had this product? It'd be really helpful if anyone has and could give me some feedback.

Thanks

Laura
    They can't charge without the bluetooth keyboards? 49/50 failures, id be looking for a completely different product and not replacements, there are lots of bluetooth keyboards for tablets. How does the keyboard connect the tablet? usb?

Thank Post
    The bluetooth keyboards charge by usb from the slates - the charge bit that breaks is the connection on the keyboard end which is a really flimsy mini usb, but the third party manufacturer that RM are using to suppy us with these say that nobody else has ever reported problems, so RM won't replace with a different product. Believe me, I'm trying to get different keyboards, and I'm aware of the choices out there. All I've been offered so far is a buffer stock, but what I'm trying to find out from fellow edugeekers is if we really are the only ones. Our kids aren't that clumsy, and the teachers who use these are super careful with new kit...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread