+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Nexus One not getting Ice Cream Sandwich in Technical; Well, it seems it's now official. The Nexus One, not even 2 years old, will not be getting the Ice ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nexus One not getting Ice Cream Sandwich

Well, it seems it's now official. The Nexus One, not even 2 years old, will not be getting the Ice Cream Sandwich Android update
    I'm pretty peeved at this as the phone has only received 2 main updates and has now been dropped from the development shedule, which is pretty poor do's really considering the 2.5 year old iPhone 3GS with a poorer hardware spec has received iOS 5.
    We Nexus One owners will have to just wait until the CyanogenMod guys sort us something out I suppose.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,419 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Don't worry. HTC desire users couldn't get Droid 2.3!!! But that was a HTC error because HTC sense takes up the bulk of the space.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Luckily, it's opensource.

The first Nexus phone which was recently discarded by Google as being “not eligible” for the Ice Cream Sandwich update is now breathing a sigh of relief as a group of developers are working on getting the CyanogenMod 9 ─ which is based on Ice Cream Sandwich ─ working on the Nexus One.
    CyanogenMod 9 (CM9) for Nexus One | The Android Soul

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,302 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thank Post
    I have both Nexus One and Desire HD and don't expect anything more for my phone than the software I bought it with. Don't get me wrong I like new features but I don't expect anything.

Thank Post
    and from Radio4 yesterday. (I read an artical that apple had been using this for ages)
    Professor Gemma Calvert, one of the most influential experts of neuro-marketing, argues that while advertisers have always appealed to our emotions, the big difference now is that scanning enables the marketers literally to see the brain's automatic response.Some people may still be sceptical; we want to believe our choices are rational. But a famous study by Professor Read Montague provides powerful confirmation of the neuro-marketers' claims.

By observing activity in the brain and comparing it with people's stated preferences, Montague claims to have shown that our preferences for Coke or Pepsi are much more to do with marketing than taste.
    Montague is among those who think brain science will have a profound impact on culture and society.After all, it is not just commerce that is using the science.The Cabinet Office has a team which uses an understanding of automatic cognitive processes to encourage - or "nudge" - us to make what government believes are wider and more pro-social choices.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread