+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Voiplicity - any experience in Technical; does anybody have any experience of this system? It uses technology from MetaSwitch and is essentially hosted VOIP. The only ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 1,011 Posts

Voiplicity - any experience

does anybody have any experience of this system? It uses technology from MetaSwitch and is essentially hosted VOIP. The only outlay is the cost of the telephones (which you don't have to buy from them). And then call charges and line details. All runs over the internet.

Thank Post
    No experience directly, but sounds similar to an offering by Gradwell. Any reason why you're looking to hosted over in house? a PBX in a Flash box (or VM) should sort you out with SIP (or IAX) trunking to external provider for PSTN, which is relatively cheap (all runs over internet, and if internet downed can fail over to analogue line, and you still keep inhouse calls going so don't loose everything all at once.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Willott View Post
    No experience directly, but sounds similar to an offering by Gradwell. Any reason why you're looking to hosted over in house? a PBX in a Flash box (or VM) should sort you out with SIP (or IAX) trunking to external provider for PSTN, which is relatively cheap (all runs over internet, and if internet downed can fail over to analogue line, and you still keep inhouse calls going so don't loose everything all at once.
    Cheap! I'm looking at all the possibilities, I've been testing stuff recently (trixbox, asterix avaya, panasonic, splicecom) and now this - the others i have heard of just not this one.

Essentially the costs are the telephones who we can buy from anybody (they have a list) the ones they have quoted are the Aastra 6731i which I can see online for 62 each. 70 x 62 = 4340 a reception handset Aastra 6757i at around 130 complete setup and training (2 days) 800. 150 for Auto Attendant setup. Overall equals just under 5.5k

Then line rental of 8 per line (currently we have 10 external lines) so 80 (cheaper then ISDN 30e). Then 1 per DDI, 10 Auto-Attendant (for all lines).
    so overall the monthly cost for us is roughly 160 per month then calls.

Thank Post
    Monthly cost is significantly higher than we're currently hitting (ex calls) - 10 numbers, up to 20 simultaneous incoming calls across those, outbound calls charged at call rate (as many concurrent as connectivity will handle) - 20 a month (plus 15ish a month for a single analogue line for fail over). Auto-attendant is included on inhouse PBX (so no charge there), inhouse pbx is running on a VM on our cluster (on tin which was already there) so only a small extra cost for electricity to be counted there.

In my opinion, hosted solutions would be better for companies where there are multiple sites, or with remote/mobile workers. If inhouse, you have much more control, spend less on a monthly basis (monthly cost over summer would be an issue for me), and don't loose an internal communication tool on internet outage. Can also SIP trunk to partners of your choice (and less effort in changing providers if you do have issues - don't have to reconfigure 70 phones, just the one pbx).

Thank Post
    As i say i'm just putting it out there as an option. I've not decided anything yet. our slt have already said they do not want an inhouse built system using Trixbox/asterix as it is too reliant on us with it being a custom solution. (apparently). we are being quoted ~15 per ISDN 30 Line so roughly similar monthly calls including the auto-attendant stuff. We are coming through a reseller to voiplicity so i am going to contact another one just to compare pricing on the same service.

T

Thank Post
    May be worth checking out gradwell's ip centrex for cost comparison. With Voplicity do you get voicemail for each extension and can you dial across extensions (just thinking of things you may want to check out). I find it a bit strange for cost to be based on the number of "external lines" rather than number of extensions.

Thank Post
    May be worth checking out gradwell's ip centrex for cost comparison. With Voplicity do you get voicemail for each extension and can you dial across extensions (just thinking of things you may want to check out). I find it a bit strange for cost to be based on the number of "external lines" rather than number of extensions.
    thats what i thought. I will give them a call and see what they say.

Thank Post
    Ahh its 1 per month per extension so would be 70 for the system per month which means it is still cheaper to do with that then purchase a pabx by current looks.

Thank Post
    So where did the 8 come from and the autoattendant and the DDIs go? 70 is fine for the number of extensions, but there's no defined cost for auto-attendant or the incoming lines...

Thank Post
    So where did the 8 come from and the autoattendant and the DDIs go? 70 is fine for the number of extensions, but there's no defined cost for auto-attendant or the incoming lines...
    Sorry 70 extra per month, its 8 per external line and then 1 per internal line then 10 for the auto-attendant.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread