+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Managing iPads in school? in Technical; Hi everyone. Just signed up to the forums. I'm an ICT Technician at a primary school in Cornwall. We do ...

Thank Post
    Hi everyone. Just signed up to the forums. I'm an ICT Technician at a primary school in Cornwall. We do pretty well when it comes to technology- got 35 desktops in the ICT suite, 32 laptops which we share around the classes day to day, and we've just received a couple of iPod Touch's. Naturally, I went looking for the best way to manage the Apple devices and it brought me to this forum.

Our headteacher has asked me to get some quotes for at least 15 iPads now so it's important we get our heads around the deployment and management of apps. Rozzer, thanks for the link to Meraki. It looks very useful and I'd love to hear more about your experiences using it.

Currently we have the iPods setup with unique device names and I've just been syncing the apps to both devices through the one iTunes account, as I've been seeing most of you on the forum are. I take it now that the Apple Volume License Programme has been released in the UK, that it is now illegal to continue syncing apps to all devices from the one account?

Has anyone here already signed up to the programme? I've just been having a quick read through the iOS Education Deployment Guide- it's a bit wordy and it would be good to hear from someone who's tried and tested it.

James.

Thank Post
    For a lot of useful information on setting up iPads, take at look at Fraser Spiers' blog: spiers.org

He is clearly an Apple fan and you can agree or not with his views, but he has spent a lot of time working out how to manage the iPads. His requirements are simplified in some ways by the fact that he has a device per pupil - on the other hand, he has a hell of a lot of devices to manage.

3. 2 Thanks to jmak:

j224 (21st September 2012), speckytecky (22nd September 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanks jmak- I think you mean Fraser Speirs - Blog though, not spiers, that's something completely unrelated.

5. Thanks to j224 from:

jmak (22nd September 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456