+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, ASUS Eee Pad Transformer in Technical; Hi, I have been considering getting an ASUS Eee Pad Transformer. After some googling i notice that there is a ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,450 Posts
    Blog Entries

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer

Hi,

I have been considering getting an ASUS Eee Pad Transformer. After some googling i notice that there is a 3G version coming this month, but i cant find anything more. Does anyone know when this will arrive please?

A guy at work has a WIFI one and its pretty impressive. I am just wondering if anyone else has any feedback please?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Haven't heard anything about the Transformer with 3G (despite spending a lot of time looking as i'm after one as well), however they have announced a Transformer 2... (Asus Confirms Eee Pad Transformer 2) Other than running the Tegra 3 and Android Ice-Cream Sandwich there is no details on specs or availability yet...

~Edit~
    The also announced the Padfone, not sure when its meant to be coming out, or what its specs will be... there hasn't been much news on it since it was first announced, so it may end up being more of a gimmick than anything else?
    Last edited by OutLawTorn; 23rd August 2011 at 02:17 AM.

Thank Post
    Hi,

I have also been looking at the asus, it would seem that its a good competitor for the ipad 2.

I was going to try and get the ipad but i think im now going to save the cash and go for the asus.

Have you found any more info? If i find anything il let you know. May go and try one out tomorrow if i can find a shop thats showing them.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I was pretty open to the asus option but at the moment the iPad for me it's looking a better option. A big show stopper for me with the asus is the lack of 3G. The iPad seems
    ergonomically better, the eeepc seems a little bulky. My hands where getting tired using it and i found I kept resting it on my desk. I am going to live abroad in 4 weeks Ian and there the iPad is cheaper so I might get one out there when I arrive.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,653 Times in 2,253 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    I was pretty open to the asus option but at the moment the iPad for me it's looking a better option. A big show stopper for me with the asus is the lack of 3G. The iPad seems
    ergonomically better, the eeepc seems a little bulky. My hands where getting tired using it and i found I kept resting it on my desk. I am going to live abroad in 4 weeks Ian and there the iPad is cheaper so I might get one out there when I arrive.
    I thought you got one of the Touchpads? Board with it already?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    I thought you got one of the Touchpads? Board with it already?
    I could only get hold of one so i let a relative have it

Thank Post
    I have a 32Gb version, with the Dock...and I absolutely love it. For the first week or so, I thought I'd regret it, given that the Samsung GT 10.2 is so much thinner, but having the extra MicroSD slot, the HDMI output, etc - its a winner hands down. I also viewed an youtube comparsion between the two and again, comes out on top in many categories.

I've had it for over a month now. It's rooted, running a custom ROM and overclocked at 1.6Ghz (ondemand) stable. Battery life is fine (even better if you've got the dock), and if i want to surf via 3G, I just tether it to my phone which has all I can eat data. Magic.

Any specific questions, fire them this way!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread