+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, CyanogenMod 7.1RC1 is out in Technical; I don't know if I can be bothered with the hassle of trying out CM7 again as at least one ...

Thank Post

CyanogenMod 7.1RC1 is out

I don't know if I can be bothered with the hassle of trying out CM7 again as at least one person says the GPS is still flaky but the 2.3.4 based RC is out anyway.

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    Strange, I'm on Oxygen 2.1.3 and this is already an Android 2.3.4 based Rom, and seems very stable to me... Is this just a Cyanogen issue?

Thank Post
    All I know is that the GPS on my Desire running 7.0.x was unreliable. (tried several flavours)

I know this because I run my own speed limit app which uses GPS constantly while I'm driving between my schools during the day.

My app works fine on CyanogenMod 6.1 (2.2 based) but on the 7 series it used to not aquire a lock sometimes requiring an ap restart and then sometimes it just stops updating for a short time (which if it co-incided with a speed limit change wasn't very useful : ) )

Its very hard to find facts through the android bug/issues quagmire (as basically neither Google or the CyanogenMod crew respond publically to bug reports) but I believe it was a combination of hardware and bugs in Android 2.3.

As I said, there has been at least one report that its not been fixed yet on 7.1RC

@Skyorca - lots of people say their ROM is stable/great- and their battery lasts days (They then proceed to tell you how the've changed their ROM 3 times so far this week

Thank Post
    Well, if I'm honest, I guess I don't really use the GPS all that often anyhow, but my test after installing Oxygen 2 was pretty successful.

I hear what you're saying about people switching Mods every other day, but tbh, I'm not really a Rom Nomad. I stuck with my last one for weeks even though it had a horrible American navigatrix, then when I managed to delete maps completely whilst trying to fix it I still stuck with it for several more months... So I guess I'm just happy that I have maps and a sat-nav that works even as much as I've tried it so far!

5. Thanks to SkywOrca from:

SimpleSi (28th June 2011)

Thank Post
    i'm running Stock 2.3.3 i did try 2.3.4 but found that BT did not switch on..
    i have mine rooted mine for droidproxy works well if your turn on wifi and it detects the ssid and sets proxy settings for that ssid just need to set up profiles...

i love my sgs..

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread