+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Engadget:HTC Desire tries to catch Gingerbread, can't keep up in Technical; Originally Posted by DAZZD88 What else is there that does the same sort of thing? There are Sense Roms: Lee ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZZD88 View Post
    What else is there that does the same sort of thing?
    There are Sense Roms: Lee Droid, NeoPhyte and CoolAces which I already mentioned, there are others. One of the nice things I have found with running custom ROMS is I can reflash any time I fancy something different.
    Im staying with Sense because I like some of its features - most specifically Friendstream, I know there are replacements for this, Seesmic, Kammas status updater but in my opinion they are not as good.

Thank Post
    You (sir/madam/transgendered individual - please delete as appropriate) are indeed a fountain of knowledge. The LauncherPRO app works brilliantly but the latest version of Sense has proxy support built-in (apparently). I really had no idea that there were other Sense-like applications out there. I know you're gonna say I could install XYZ app and have proxy support but I don't really want to (I just have this thing about wanting to keep things as minimal and simple as possible, same brand etc...)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 814 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZZD88 View Post
    You (sir/madam/transgendered individual - please delete as appropriate) are indeed a fountain of knowledge. The LauncherPRO app works brilliantly but the latest version of Sense has proxy support built-in (apparently). I really had no idea that there were other Sense-like applications out there. I know you're gonna say I could install XYZ app and have proxy support but I don't really want to (I just have this thing about wanting to keep things as minimal and simple as possible, same brand etc...)
    I have heard that too, although I must admit it hasn't flowed through to custom Sense based ROMs yet - however CyanogenMOD has supported proxy for months now, and you can put whatever launcher you want on top of it.. except Sense...

The reason is that hardware vendors embed their launchers in to the ROM, enabling them to control system wide settings (and also quite often to stop you from using any other Launcher - Sense for instance keeps reverting back to default even if you set another launcher as default). Custom Sense ROMs do not have that limit.

Thank Post
    +1 on lee droid, used it many many times. oxygen is another good. gone back to a modified stock rom now. lee and oxygen dont like my stero so i can use em all the time haha. glad to see htc saw the light on this matter. if it weren't for the desire, htc wouldn't have grown as fast as they have done over last 18 months.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pr1vate_piles View Post
    +1 on lee droid, used it many many times. oxygen is another good. gone back to a modified stock rom now. lee and oxygen dont like my stero so i can use em all the time haha. glad to see htc saw the light on this matter. if it weren't for the desire, htc wouldn't have grown as fast as they have done over last 18 months.
    Can you shed any light on why Lee Droid wont get past the HTC logo screen for me?

Thank Post
    press the center button to get menu options and click reboot.

Thank Post
    This was after first installing had done a reboot and it locked at the HTC screen, left it for about 30 minutes, still at HTC screen so used my recovery to restore previous ROM. I dont think there are any menus loaded at that stage. Was wondering if it didnt like my SD partitions. How did you partition your SD card?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,291 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JJonas View Post
    Can you shed any light on why Lee Droid wont get past the HTC logo screen for me?
    Did you wipe EVERYTHING before trying it?

I've seen this caused by the cache and dalvik cache hanging around before on other ROMS

Thank Post
    yes did a full wipe, im going to try again this weekend just waiting for a bigger memory card to arrive.

Thank Post
    Just to add my 2pennies worth.
    Domino got me onto CyanogenMod CM6 and I liked a lot of the features (such as cramming more icons on my home screen and ability to use a proxy without having to shout into the phone )

Once I'd repartioned it using AlphaRev, you get a ton of room for apps without having to mess around with ext3 on your sd card.

I moved on CM7 but due to bugs with GPS and the fact that the CyanogenMod team have moved onto getting Android 2.3.4 out and have stopped bug fixing CM7.0.3, I moved back to CM6 which does eveything I want/need.

Simon

Thank Post
    yes did a full wipe, im going to try again this weekend just waiting for a bigger memory card to arrive.
    Sometimes it's worth just starting from scratch - re-partition SD card, wipe cache and data, install ROM

Thank Post
    Ive got a new card coming so I will start with that.

Thank Post
    Ive got a new card coming so I will start with that.
    Just out of curiosity, did you go for a higher class card? I've installed InsertCoin Data++ on a class 2 card - very slow! gonna order a class 10 and see how I get on with that

EDIT: I know that they warn you to use at least a class 5, but I wanted to have a play and I'm impatient lol

Thank Post
    Its a class 4 with good reviews and the reviewers say they are getting at least class 6 performance.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12