+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Phones for Senior Management Team in Technical; Blackberry's are good if setup correctly in the first place and you have access to an Exchange server. We went ...

Thank Post
    Blackberry's are good if setup correctly in the first place and you have access to an Exchange server. We went onto a hosted Exchange farm and had to use a third party app to make it all work and it was just a pain.

But if you have you own you can get BES free if under a certain number of users I think.

As regards to Orange/TMobile/Everything Everywhere I do not rate for business as that is what we are on now. Had numerous issues prefer my Vodafone setup.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    BESx is free for I think unlimited users but you just do't get some of the additional clustering features. At any rate unless you have a day a week spare to hold its hand I would recommend that you stay well clear of BES and just use propper devices that support Activesync off your Exchange box. You will save yourself lots of time, server resources and probably a few psycotic breaks along the way.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    BESx is free for I think unlimited users but you just do't get some of the additional clustering features. At any rate unless you have a day a week spare to hold its hand I would recommend that you stay well clear of BES and just use propper devices that support Activesync off your Exchange box. You will save yourself lots of time, server resources and probably a few psycotic breaks along the way.
    +1. I know a fair few large companies that are looking to move away from BES wherever possible (where they don't need the million and one features that full BES provides) to activesync based devices. Activesync has caught up compared to several years ago, and iPhones/Windows 7 based phones are pretty good now

Thank Post
    Thanks again to everyone who contributed, really appreciate the responses.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,685 Times in 1,500 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfish View Post
    If you're public sector definitely purchase the phones through the Buying Solutions mobile contract framework direct from O2/Vodafone/Orange. I've yet to see normal contracts that come close to what a lot of them offer, although it depends on just what you want. The other framework agreements (like the Crescent frameworks) are also pretty good.
    hmm trying to do that at the moment first email from account manager wasn't too good asking for a valid number for him to ring me on, guess what that first number I gave you is my DDI.

No reply to email at all today.

Ben

Thank Post
    1. Depends how "corporate" you want to go. Some companies are now shifting from BES to GOOD.
    2. It reduces the costs as the data usage/line rental/phone is down to the end user, all your do is have a backend servers, the users install a little app on the mobile/device and they connect retrieve their email.
    3. Compared to some providers, they charge x amont per MB which can be costly, if users have their own personal tariffs, you may a small fee like £5 for pretty much "unlimited", where as data usage sat for even 300-500MB can easily cost more that £5

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12