+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Media playback in Technical; When I have my HTC Desire connected via bluetooth to my car (Ford Fiesta '60 plate) aduio system, the playback ...
    Thank Post

Media playback

When I have my HTC Desire connected via bluetooth to my car (Ford Fiesta '60 plate) aduio system, the playback sometimes has crackles in the middle of the song. I know the MP3 files themselves are fine, so I was wondering if maybe the standard media player is a bit naff. Could someone recommend me a media player that is better than the standard one (and if you could say why, that'd be great) to try.

My mate's iPhone 4 doesn't seem to have this problem and he's got an almost identical car.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thank Post
    if the audio socket on the mk7 fiesta is the same quality as the mk 6.5 then id suggest that may be the problem they were prone to coming apart/falling out etc might be worth just trying it with a n other device or even just another cable

Thank Post
    Which version of Android are you using? I found quality really improved when I went from 2.1 to 2.2.

4. Thanks to Gibbo from:

pr1vate_piles (13th June 2011)

Thank Post
    Version 2.2.

The annoying thing is that On our way to Flamingo Land, I connected my mate's iPhone 4 to my bluetooth system and it worked flawlessly, so that'd rule out any problems with my car's bluetooth. Gonna try connecting it with a 3.5mm to 3.5mm auxiliary cable to see whether I still have the same problem. If I do, then I assume it's definitely the standard media player at fault. One thing I have noticed is that when your playing audiop through the bluetooth system and the phone goes into standby, when you wake iot up by pressing the power button, the audio cuts out ever so briefly.

Thank Post
    I haven't had a problem with my HTC Desire HD cutting out over bluetooth, so I'm afraid I haven't had a need to search out a different audio player. Going slightly off topic, if you need a decent replacement for the built-in video player I can recommend MoboPlayer. It's free and can play Quicktime (mov) files, Windows Media Video (wmv) files and lots of others. Very useful just in case you get a video file you can't normally play.

Thank Post
    Ah right. It seems to definitely be the bluetooth. When I'm connected to my audio system via bluetooth, I press the power button to wake the phone up and it briefly cuts out the audio then. I just wonder if it's a problem with 2.2 or the bluetooth module in the phone itself. I know the car is fine as my mate's iPhone 4 works flawlessly.

I just wish T-Mobile would release 2.3 for the Desire, then I could have proxy support and apparently a longer battery life.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZZD88 View Post
    I just wish T-Mobile would release 2.3 for the Desire, then I could have proxy support and apparently a longer battery life.
    Don't wait for your phone provider to do it. If I did I'd still be running 2.1, or 1.6 if I'd bought another make of phone! Get over to the Modaco forums and see what's available.

9. Thanks to Gibbo from:

DAZZD88 (10th June 2011)

Thank Post
    I can't really comment on your Bluetooth issues, I don't really use it with my phone. It's possibly worth considering, however, that your issues might be hardware in this instance, given that others are not reporting a problem. Do you know anyone else with a Desire handset that you could borrow and test out with your car's Bluetooth audio? Might be worth trying this before hacking your phone as it would save you from having to restore a stock branded rom afterwards should you need to return it to your phone company.

However, if you find that it's not specific to your phone, then it's always worth trying out other roms, and specifically, in your case, other radios. I posted the link in another thread, but I think it's worth posting here too. There's a very informative thread over on XDA-dev that runs through the whole process of rooting, clockworking, S-OFFing and modding a stock Desire, highlighting everything you need to do at all stages to prevent the phone bricking. I can fully understand that you might be nervous about doing it on a relatively new device, but it really is almost negligibly rare that any of this process actually bricks a handset, the only stages where that could happen are when you're running commands across the USB from your computer, but so long as you take precautions even these risks are small. Just do exactly what this guy does as he does it (even down to when to connect your phone to the computer's USB!). It helps to have two computers handy, one to watch the videos on, and one to do the work on.

[Video Tutorial] Noob Proof Everything Desire Guide UPDATED [04/04/11][Video Tut] - xda-developers

11. Thanks to SkywOrca from:

DAZZD88 (10th June 2011)

Thank Post
    @SkywOrca, epic rep to you my friend. I will ask my uncle next time I see him if I can borrow his phone (totally forgot he had a Desire otherwise I may have already tried it. Lol.) I may well look at changing the ROM on my phone further into my contract. The only thing I don't like, is that I have my phone setup just the way I want it and don't fancy having to do it again.

Will post and updates later.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZZD88 View Post
    The only thing I don't like, is that I have my phone setup just the way I want it and don't fancy having to do it again.
    Heh, I had similar worries myself, and yes, it can be a little daunting to set up all your apps/widgets again after you wipe and re-mod your phone, but I usually use it as a clean up exercise when I do it. For instance, the mod I was using prior to my recent rebuild to Oxygen had a horrible American Google navigation voice (she even talked about traffic circles rather than roundabouts! Grr), and after several abortive attempts at replacing her with the British one I ended up with no maps app at all, so migrating to Oxygen was a perfect opportunity to finally fix it. There are apps that can help with this though, you should probably install Titanium Backup after you've rooted so that you can backup your apps, and installing AppBrain can help with finding/reinstalling some apps if you decide against a Titanium restore like I did.

All the best with testing the other Desire. In some ways I hope you find that your uncle's phone works fine, in which case you should just be able to get a replacement.

Thank Post
    I had this issue on my desire. Is there any sort of firmware update for your cars stero? on my old sony stero the desire's 2.2 update stopped any problems, however with my new stero i had to update the stero itself. As gibbo mentioned, see if there anyone has been able to counter this issue or if you can try a custom rom to sort you out.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pr1vate_piles View Post
    I had this issue on my desire. Is there any sort of firmware update for your cars stero? on my old sony stero the desire's 2.2 update stopped any problems, however with my new stero i had to update the stero itself. As gibbo mentioned, see if there anyone has been able to counter this issue or if you can try a custom rom to sort you out.
    How did you update the stereo itself just out of curiousty - am not having the same issues as mentioned here but I have an iphone 4 and I used to be able to use the stereo head unit to control audio but after the update to iOS 4.2 or 4.3 I've had to press to the left or right twice to make the song go back one song or forward one song, before you pressed left once and it changed track either previous or next and the other controls are the same with regards to working or not working

Just curious if an update on the stereo ( assuming there is one ) would work

I have the Pioneer DEH 7100 BT

Thank Post
    stero is use is kenwood. i had to link up a laptop with bluetooth (xp was only os that worked with it), once linked i used the kenwood update program and it installed the newer firmware. While the firmware didnt mentioned the htc disire it did say android 2.2 and thankfully it worked.

Thank Post
    id imagine if theres an update it will be on pioners website and will be installed via a flash drive

Thank Post
    wish mine did it like that, would been a lot easier.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast