+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, App for Edugeeks in Technical; It looks like a Google Goggles API is in the pipeline, so it might not be as tricky to integrate ...
    Thank Post
    It looks like a Google Goggles API is in the pipeline, so it might not be as tricky to integrate as you think.

Thank Post
    can i have a app for world domination! plz..

3. Thanks to Cools from:

jpaterson (26th January 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Here's a couple of ideas:
    A fault reporting app that can post calls to a helpdesk for staff or those in the hall annoyances
    Another vote for the admin app, you could get it to hit powershell over SSL to make it a tad easier

Both of these apps are probably rather complecated though but are ideas none the less.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 1,192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi View Post
    @Domino - exactly the sort of thing I thinking of - simple to envisage and would be useful.
    I've got my world famous auto speed limit alert prog that is "nearly" at the release stage - I just have to take out all debugging modes so no-one kills themselves playing with my app whilst driving!)
    Si
    I like the asset tagging idea.

Not very IT related apart from your skills in making it:

For the speed thingy, i think an app where you input your destination and it works out how much time you'll save based on how much faster you go over the speed limit. It's not really a lot on short trips, and i think would be useful to show people how stupid it is to drive recklessly for the sake of 5 mins, risking so many things. You'd need to add in a feature to make ppl use it though, so the "driving at 80 instead of 70, will only save you 8 mins over an hour" message is more of an aside. Perhaps a list of all service stations with Starbucks, or KFC...

Better still, whatabout, voice activated app, that will control an LED display on the rear car window to flash messages to people. 1) Stay back you crazy fool, 2) I have an Axe. 3) I see aliens 4) Get off MY planet! 5) I spy with my little eye some thing .... 6) I can't see your headlights 7) Can you see my brake lights? 8) Child-hater on board etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral208 View Post
    Id like an app that will list all of the computers in school then be able to send a message to a chosen PC.

Or view the event log on my phone.

Remote shutdown/WOL any computer from my phone.

just a few ideas.
    Isn't there one to do this already. There are apps for this sort of thing on a desktop, i'd thought they were already ported to phones by now.

Oooh, i've a good one, but may need access to the 'Geek db. What about a proximity app for other edugeekers. sort of along the lines of foursquare who is near you etc. but a way for any enrolled member to show where they are and also see other geeks. Find-A-Geek.

and i just remembered that awesome idea from BETT, Bump-Your-Trump , sysman's EduTrumps combined with the bump application

6. Thanks to vikpaw from:

SimpleSi (26th January 2011)

Thank Post
    Going back to the barcode thing, the Google App Inventor has a control already set up for reading barcodes.

8. Thanks to SteveBentley from:

SimpleSi (27th January 2011)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12