+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Deploying and managing iPads in Technical; Originally Posted by rdk Is the cost an issue - I would assume you'd have to buy the apps regardless? ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rdk View Post
    Is the cost an issue - I would assume you'd have to buy the apps regardless? Although technically you can sync lots of iPads with the one iTunes account it would be the same as using any other software without a license. Maybe in the UK there is some kind of volume license but not here.

If the machines are not personal, how do you manage student work such as unfinished presentations/reports/movies etc? Do you use something like Google Apps? When we visited schools with class sets of iPads they were used mainly as portable internet access devices, whereas we have kids creating and storing work on them. We have found kids suggest ways the iPads could be used to teachers once teachers start a particular unit and explain the learning outcomes and assessment. Wouldn't really be possible if the kids weren't able to download and test apps, or take photos, screenshots etc and store them for later use.
    All of which can be done on any device...not just an IPAD.....It is not the IPAD that is important, but the use of the device....it should not matter what device the end-user has, but from an IT perspective, it is how you manage the services, the device just being a service, as are the software tools.....If the management and all the support contracts make sense, then I guess it is the right tool for you....I cannot see anything that makes sense with APPLE support contracts btw....maybe I missed something here...

btw..look at live@edu or office365 for students....it is free...and you get web-apps...and security...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by enjay View Post
    How would you control access to the student documents folder? At present, ours is set to use AD group membership, which obviously wouldn't work from an iDevice...
    portal via sharepoint perhaps.....

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234