+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, app to turn iphone into a USB stick, wittout PC software? in Technical; an app to run Android via virtualisation on iphone would be good...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    an app to run Android via virtualisation on iphone would be good

Thank Post
    Im not sure if I,ve picked up what you want correctly but I downloaded an application from apple apps that allowed me to use my apple phone wireless connection to pc to transfer files excel etc cannot remember its name as i stopped using it only some machines in work had wireless and too much trouble setting them up but im sure its still available

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnykewell1 View Post
    not quite as a memory stick i dont think but use the app Ifiles, that just turns your phone into a little webserver that you can log into using the IP and transfer files to and from the phone, not tried word documents and stuff, dont know if it would work.
    Now I saw that and I don't know how that works. Do you type in the IP on your computer, and that connects to your iphone and you transfer the files like that? I assume that finds your iPhone via the phone network, as because if you have to be on the same wireless network it would be just as pointless!

Thank Post
    it just uses whatever wireless network im using, when im at home it broadcasts to the home network and at work automatically switches onto my work wireless. Any yes just simply enter the ip adress into your web browser and up it comes.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    What sort of transfer speed do you get? I know it won't compare with USB...

Also, just to clarify, when I say on the same wireless network, what I mean is could say I have my iPhone at home (god forbid!) and type in the IP address on my PC at work, and I can access the files?

THis is not what I want it for, (dropBox is better than that!) but I want to ensure I don't have to be connected via wireless on the same network as the PC I want to download onto... so for example if I go to a company and they don't have wireless say...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 790 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GREED View Post
    What sort of transfer speed do you get? I know it won't compare with USB...

Also, just to clarify, when I say on the same wireless network, what I mean is could say I have my iPhone at home (god forbid!) and type in the IP address on my PC at work, and I can access the files?

THis is not what I want it for, (dropBox is better than that!) but I want to ensure I don't have to be connected via wireless on the same network as the PC I want to download onto... so for example if I go to a company and they don't have wireless say...
    Works the same as AirSharing - you need to have the iPhone on the same wireless network as the computer you want to transfer to

Thank Post
    no i dont think that will work, they would need a ton of IP addresses to do that sort of thing id of thought? it would have to be with you, like when u transfer files from home to work or sormthing like that. When you plug your iphone into your pc, it appears in my computer, can you not copy it into that iphone folder? and then wherever you plug in your iphone does it not appear in my computer.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnykewell1 View Post
    no i dont think that will work, they would need a ton of IP addresses to do that sort of thing id of thought? it would have to be with you, like when u transfer files from home to work or sormthing like that. When you plug your iphone into your pc, it appears in my computer, can you not copy it into that iphone folder? and then wherever you plug in your iphone does it not appear in my computer.
    Thanks, that helps.

I does appear, but you only have access to limited folders, such as the Photos folder. I have also tried to copy files to here and it does not work.

@Domino, thank for that too

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 1,973 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberNerd View Post
    an app to run Android via virtualization on iPhone would be good
    VMware are working with LG on a virtualization solution for Android smartphones. The link below has a video of it in action on a Nexus One.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/07/w...are-to-deploy/

10. Thanks to Arthur from:

CyberNerd (10th January 2011)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12