+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, The RM Slate 100\Windows 7 does 'pinch-and-zoom' in Technical; I discovered this a few days back, but was waiting to try it out on a few more apps first. ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Blog Entries

The RM Slate 100\Windows 7 does 'pinch-and-zoom'

I discovered this a few days back, but was waiting to try it out on a few more apps first.
    Pinch and zoom works for web browsers (IE and Firefox), Word, Publisher and all other office apps, image viewers and from this I can assume that it is standard for all apps. This is (I presume) a Windows 7 feature, but is still not as slick as either Android or IOS platforms.
    Also you can expand the onscreen KB to a useable size, but it is still pretty awful compared to tohers. No haptic feedback and little indiction of the keys pressed, not to mention that the key 'illumination' feature that highlights when a key is 'pressed' suddenly stops working at random intervals. Come on Microsoft. If you want Windows 7 on slates to be used as a touch device you really, really need to get to work on it to smooth it out to the level that the competition have acheived.
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 21st April 2011 at 05:46 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread