iRinger, awesome app!
Anybody know how to create your own ringtones using music on iPhone3GS OS 4.2.1 and iTunes 10.1.0.56 ?
Since I updated itunes and iphone,the ringtones tab appears to have disappeared and my custom ringtones vanished.
Last edited by ZeroHour; 21st June 2011 at 01:43 PM.
nice one, thanks a lot.
Or if you want to create a ringtone from one of the non DRM tracks in your library:
1. Find the section of the track you want to use, by listening to the track and watching for the timings of the start and end. It needs to be less than 40 seconds.
2. Right Click on the track and select get info. Select the Options tab and put in the start and stop times.
3. Right Click the track again and Create an AAC Version. Once the AAC version has been created, Right Click and Get Info to find out where the track has been saved in your library.
4. Using Windows Explorer, go to the saved location, rename the file so that it has a .m4r extension. Double click on the file and iTunes will automatically add it to your library as a Ringtone.
5. Copy the ring tone to your iPhone. Don't forget to change the original tracks timings on the Options tab.
Hope this helps.
Can you not still put them through Garage Band and then export them to your itunes as a ringtone? Then it is just a case of syncing them isn't it......it has been a few months since I last did granted!
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)