+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Which one to keep? N86 or Samsung Galaxy Portal??? in Technical; Something strange happened. Washed my phone and then the insurance kindly sent me a N86 (3 week ago). But my ...

Thank Post

Which one to keep? N86 or Samsung Galaxy Portal???

Something strange happened. Washed my phone and then the insurance kindly sent me a N86 (3 week ago). But my contract was up so 3 sent me a Samsung Galaxy portal.

Which one should i keep? Really like the Nokia but have a work android phone HTC Magic and really like the android way of doing things.

Ideally I'd like to flog both phones off and get the HTC legend.

Any opinions gladly received.

Cheers, Ben

Thank Post
    Keep the Samsung Galaxy, and i'll have the Nokia N86 although i doubt i could afford it!

Thank Post
    well there going on ebay for 180 so if i could get enough money together to flog both i'd be able to get a HTC desire.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bensewell View Post
    Something strange happened. Washed my phone and then the insurance kindly sent me a N86 (3 week ago). But my contract was up so 3 sent me a Samsung Galaxy portal.

Which one should i keep? Really like the Nokia but have a work android phone HTC Magic and really like the android way of doing things.

Ideally I'd like to flog both phones off and get the HTC legend.

Any opinions gladly received.

Cheers, Ben
    I have the Samsung Galaxy Portal and it's so slow!!!!

The processor in it isn't too fast and at the moment it's running andorid 1.5 so it's very out-dated in comparison to some other android phones althoug according to Samsung tech support an upgrade will be available (not over the air. Only from Samsung repair centres) within the next 3weeks to upgrade it to 2.1 so it should be faster and more stable.

Why not just sell them both and buy a good phone with the money? You're bound to get at least 200 from the sale of them both.

If you want Android I'd advise a Nexus One or an Experia X10 (both with 1GB processors!) but be prepared to add a little more money toward buying it

Although, saying that I have seen a couple of the X10s sell on ebay for around 200 - 250 over the past few days.

5. Thanks to gtg93 from:

jinnantonnix (20th July 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnantonnix View Post
    Hmm. It seems a good Android is expensive then. I might wait a while for a price drop.

In the meantime, I'm keen to see the new E5 from Nokia. I'll wait for the customer reviews first, though. Nokia seem to be quite behind with their screens though, it's only QVGA.
    Yeah and I do think it'll take a while to come down. They're relativley new to the market and a lot of people are buying them, plus they're cheaper than the iPhones *shudder* so it's good competition.

Personally I wouldn't have a nokia given anymore, I thinkt they're unreliable and tacky compared to the good old 3310 days (or the 3330 if you were lucky enough to get the later model ).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread