+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Need help Iphone 4 or 3gs Vs the HTC Desire in Technical; Anyone who has read any of my post will know how much it pains me to say this but for ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,302 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Anyone who has read any of my post will know how much it pains me to say this but for 'limited skill' managment user simpler is better, I would have actually recommended blackberry but as that is not one of the option I'd have to point - cringinly and reluctantly - to the iPhone.

It does have user managment and lockdown options along with Activesync support like Windows Mobile so from a technical standpoint it is an easier setup job than the Blackberry. It is realitivly simple to operate and even includes an extremely rudimentary encryption option wich you will want switched on in the case of it getting lost with sensitive data about student potentially stored in email on it.

The config tool is here Apple - Support - iPhone - Enterprise and I'm not aware of anything simmilar for Android. You should be able to lock their configuration down just enough that they are more difficult to break short of them activly jailbreaking them.

Just be careful that they don't use getting iPhones as an excuse to buy more silly expencive Apple accesories like MacBooks to make their phone 'cooler'.

The real crime is the need for iTunes for music/filesync as this is still a terrible program (by design I'm sure) under Windows and making me of all people recommend an Apple product. On a directly related note I'm off to be ill :

Note: If the new Windows Phone 7 was out I'd probably be recommending that instead.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi View Post
    .... no one ever lost their job buying the management shiny new IPhones
    Until you tell them they're losing the signal/connection because they aren't holding it properly that is ........

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 792 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinghaggis View Post
    Until you tell them they're losing the signal/connection because they aren't holding it properly that is ........
    not if you buy

a) 3GS
    b) a case

:-)

hey hey hey, stay outta my shed. STAY OUT OF MY SHED.
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    There is a huge difference, Desire you can make your own apps, you dont need to jailbreak it to customise it,
    As we're talking about buying for a business rather than an individual, I wonder what the business case is for the sort of customisations that require jailbreaking an iphone...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12