+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Who's (with me!) in the queue at O2 24Jun in Technical; I think its more to do with a. thumb size b can't spull than a technology issue As we all ...

Thank Post
    I think its more to do with

a. thumb size

b can't spull

than a technology issue

As we all know, a Desire is just an Iphone for REAL geeks

Si

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    There were 65 people outside the Nuneaton O2 branch at 7:45am this morning. Nobody outside Orange or Voda. Mate phoned about an hour ago to say he's got his and he's locked it up twice.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 973 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi View Post
    I think its more to do with

a. thumb size

b can't spull

than a technology issue

As we all know, a Desire is just an Iphone for REAL geeks

Si
    I've looked high and low at all alternative handsets from HTC / nokia / sony ericon / android type handsets etc etc ( too many too list ) and I don't want a phone where I have to buy an SD card as I dont want SD cards and I dont like them, I've tried the linux type OS on the handsets and I am not keen on them as synching stuff will not work the same as it means I will have to fork out more money on top of the SD card to buy double twist to synch music / videos etc and no im not searching through my music folder on my mac.

the iPhone works for me and is what I pay for and is what I want so I take your comments and make them moot points as I have done all the research ref different handsets / tariffs with 02, vodafone, orange, 3 etc

That's all I have to say really aside from ppffftt @ desire is an iphone for real geeks , how do you define a geek then may I ask ??

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    I've looked high and low at all alternative handsets from HTC / nokia / sony ericon / android type handsets etc etc ( too many too list ) and I don't want a phone where I have to buy an SD card as I dont want SD cards and I dont like them, I've tried the linux type OS on the handsets and I am not keen on them as synching stuff will not work the same as it means I will have to fork out more money on top of the SD card to buy double twist to synch music / videos etc and no im not searching through my music folder on my mac.
    In one sentance: he still has tons of iTunes DRM (as to I)

That's all I have to say really aside from ppffftt @ desire is an iphone for real geeks , how do you define a geek then may I ask ??
    Def. Geek: 'A person who thinks 'Linux for Dummies' is a childrens novel by Hans Christian Anderson'.

5. 4 Thanks to tmcd35:

LosOjos (24th June 2010), mac_shinobi (24th June 2010), nephilim (24th June 2010), SimpleSi (24th June 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 973 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    In one sentance: he still has tons of iTunes DRM (as to I)

Def. Geek: 'A person who thinks 'Linux for Dummies' is a childrens novel by Hans Christian Anderson'.
    lol @ both comments and I will leave you to argue the mac vs pc or mac vs windows etc - I will run and hide under some rock somewhere as I am a total coward lol

Thank Post
    Personally I would not buy an Iphone for a kid. Possessions do not a happy kid make.

I would rather spend the money doing something fun with my kids, the cost Iphone would pay for so many nice activities and memories.

I don't mind what my kids have as long as they earn it though, at least then they appreciate it. My eldest hordes his money like no one else, it makes it much easier on us though. If he wants something he can go and buy it, though he quickly realises that he does not need xy or z that badly.

One of my relatives on the other hand gets every gadget and possession she asks for. She has a PC, TV, games console, Ipods and any toy you care to mention. Big Surprise then that she has turned out to be a totally unpleasant and spoilt brat.

I also remember having a conversation with a young convict a few years back that blamed his offending on stealing so that he could buy the best things for his kid. I explained to him that his boy would rather have his father to talk to and play with and would give up anything he owned to spend time with him. Surprisingly this was something he had never considered and it hit a nerve with his relationship with his father. Surprisingly he never did come back to prison again.

It appears that the only reliable way to buy affection is from certain laddies that enjoy the outdoors and don't feel the cold.

Thank Post
    how do you define a geek then may I ask ??
    Today we be mainly Droid people

regards
    Simon
    All Fanbois mickey taking is done with tongue in cheek (I mean we can't even use them at work cause they can't spell poxy )

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi View Post
    Today we be mainly Droid people
    Mmm, tempted to pop into carphone warehouse on the way and have a look at a few HTC phones, see what the all the fuss is about.

*GEEK ALERT*

Don't know if I could leave the shop without laughing though....

...when I tell the assistant that 'these arn't the droid's I'm looking for' (sic)

10. 2 Thanks to tmcd35:

GrumbleDook (24th June 2010), ICT_GUY (24th June 2010)

Thank Post

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A friend got his iPhone 4 this morning. I've told him about the signal and discolouration issues but he doesn't have those problems; he has managed to lock it up twice though. Once when browsing and once when installing an app from iTunes. He had to power it down and restart it.

Thank Post
    Diary of a non iphone salseman

No stock (again) for a product launch.

14. 2 Thanks to ICT_GUY:

SimpleSi (24th June 2010), tmcd35 (25th June 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    A friend got his iPhone 4 this morning. I've told him about the signal and discolouration issues but he doesn't have those problems; he has managed to lock it up twice though. Once when browsing and once when installing an app from iTunes. He had to power it down and restart it.
    Apple. It Just Works. (TM)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Looked at the Queue ... spoke to folks who had been there early, met the sales drones as they popped their heads out about 10 mins before opening up and asked what stock was like ... limited says they ... should I bugger off to work says I ... wry smile on their faces ... see you in a week or so then says I ... they smile knowingly.

I want to stick with O2 as the long term price for my package works out slightly better (not a heavy data user) but failing that I would have gone with the Tesco deal. I don't like Orange for support (or when questioning their billing) and vowed I would never touch Vodaphone ever again after they tried to stitch me up years ago on a contract (adding in hidden charges that only appeared on the bill, not the contract). 3? they just wouldn't give me any information about it when I enquired ... their loss.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well my journey started at 6am this morning as I travelled to Swansea to see what I could get today. I parked and walked rather quickly around to the o2 store - yes there was a queue but it was 20 people.

Across the road was a Carphone Warehouse - no queue and next door was a Phones4U.

The CW manager came over to everyone to say that due to an Apple ****-up there were no iPhones in the store. Phones4U said the same thing. No stock.

However....... at 8:02 the doors opened. It took a further hour for me to get through. I'd taken my 3G as well (having backed up the night before) hoping for a tradein. Rumours went down the line that you were not allowed to pay in cash and that they were not doing trade-ins today. They were just that - rumours.

Apple gave me £189 today for my 3G which meant I paid £20 for my 32Gb version. I was very happy with that considering they didn't check the phone. It was all working but had a bad split on the rear.

The kids in school today were well impressed as I trundled in bleary eyed. Also had a Doctors appointment so went there as well. Dr asked why I looked tired - so I showed him my new tool (ooo missus).

Altogether I'm very happy with my phone. Yes it will have it's doubters but as a previous poster has said - it does what it does.

Regards

Gareth

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @garethedmondson Does the signal drop to zero when you hold it in your hand?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast