+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, HTC Desire and buymobilephones.net any good? in Technical; ...
    Thank Post

HTC Desire and buymobilephones.net any good?

Hi fellow members

I am looking at this HTC deal which I consider quite a good deal for a £35 month contract considering the minutes and unlimited internet. 3 questions I have:

1) anyone purchased from buymobilephones.net. Are they reliable, heard a lot of bad press on other review sites which makes me slightly reluctant.

2) T-mobile say unlimited internet but it has a 3gb fair usage policy for android specific phones. Do fellow members who are on t mobile and an android phone seen any issues with this? I intend to have my phone wired up to 3g most of the time, so am concerned slightly that 3g may not be enough in the way I am intending on using it.

3) This deal comes with a free ipod touch, my plan with this was to install skype and talk to other people via this way using my home wireless. Has anyone else used skype on a touch, does it work well?

Any tips would be great or if anyone know of any better deals than this please let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Post
    Saw that ad as well but after I saw a few iffy reviews I gave it a miss, but others may have used them OK, just couldnt be bothered if there was anyt hassle. Went to T-Mobile themselves in the end for 600min 500txt unlimited internet, unlimited landline calls for £30. no hassle and got the phone from the shop there and then.

Thank Post
    I have the Google nexus One that you can use with any sim and stayed with T-Mobile as I have never had any problems with the 3mb limit. I download lots of videos and probably go over this limit all the time. I pay £10 per month for 300 mins 300 txts and unlimited(3gb) internet, think thats a good deal.

EDIT: Oh and the phone you want is very good too.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 743 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I regularly hit around 2GB a month on my G1 with T-Mobile so I'm not happy that all the mobile providers are now effectively capping their data packages. I'm still considering getting the HTC Desire when my contract is up on the 19th of this month with T-Mobile, but I'm being drawn more and more towards the new iPhone 4 since getting an iPhone 3GS for my daughter last week. And, now that T-Mobile have announced that they will be shipping the iPhone 4 when it is released, it's going to be a tough decision to make! I think it will boil down to who offers the best deal on either phone although I would really like to have both!

Haven't heard of any feedback regarding buymobilephones.net so I can't answer that question. A quick look on moneysavingexpert.com and moneysupermarket.com didn't bring up anything.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    I'm being drawn more and more towards the new iPhone 4 since getting an iPhone 3GS for my daughter last week. And, now that T-Mobile have announced that they will be shipping the iPhone 4 when it is released, it's going to be a tough decision to make! I think it will boil down to who offers the best deal on either phone although I would really like to have both!
    You'll have to change your avatar if you do!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread