+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Import Podcasts into iTunes Chronologically in Technical; I'm an iTunes n00b. Never really was interested until I got an iPhone, but now I have, I'm joining the ...
    Thank Post

Import Podcasts into iTunes Chronologically

I'm an iTunes n00b. Never really was interested until I got an iPhone, but now I have, I'm joining the crew. I'm not much of a music person, but I love my podcasts and I have several setup in iTunes. A friend very kindly sent me his back catalogue of podcasts that I missed out on for a show I listen to and the podcasts are no longer available for download from the BBC.

My question is, can I import these podcasts into iTunes and get them in the chronological order like all my current podcasts? If so, can someone please point me in the correct direction.

Thank Post

Importing podcasts

There's no easy way to import podcasts into the iTunes podcast section, as far as I know. There are a couple of options:

1. If you really want to get them imported into the podcast section, and you're technically-minded, you could create an RSS feed containing all of the podcasts in the order you want to listen to them, publish that RSS feed online, then use iTunes to subscribe to that feed. It should see your feed as a podcast and let you access them in order. Not an easy option, but it's do-able.

2. Import them as "songs". Get the podcasts in a folder that iTunes can see, then do an "Add folder to library" to import them. You'll find them in the Songs section. You can re-tag the files (i.e. set the Genre to Podcast), so they're grouped together, but they won't be in chronological order.

Hope that helps,

Steve

Thank Post
    When you import the files into iTunes they will default into the "Music" section. Simply right click and get info (I think - using a Mac here), and change type to "Podcast".

They should then automatically filter into the Podcasts section, and in chronological order.

Tom

4. Thanks to SC-UK from:

Zoom7000 (22nd March 2010)

Thank Post

Learn something new every day

Aha - Didn't know that.

Checked on a PC. It's right-click "Get Info", 'Options' tab and "Media Kind".

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread