+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Acer 5730 in Technical; I'm stuck with a problem Laptop in the office and its something I've never seen before. This Laptop will not ...
    Thank Post

Acer 5730

I'm stuck with a problem Laptop in the office and its something I've never seen before.

This Laptop will not power up with the battery or the power cable, or even with both plugged in. There is a green charging light lit when there is AC power but as soon as you press the power button on the Laptop the charging LED goes out for 5 secs (No power up or internal noises at this point)

The strange thing is I left it for an hour and another employee hit the on button for the first time and it worked! Now we shut it down and tried again and no nothing. I have a feeling there maybe something wrong with the actual internal power function as the Laptop recognises the on button being pushed.

Acer 5730.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,276 Times in 1,051 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Had you tried removing\replacing the battery? Sometimes I have experienced 'power locks' in laptops which can be fixed in this way.

Thank Post
    yher tried all that and try leaving it off for 5mins disconnected and holding the power button down for a bit to see if this discharges any of the voodoo internals. this may work, could be something has got stroppy and this may reset it.

still nothing.

Now i have two of these i think i might just possibly have a problem comming my way today.,

Thank Post
    How long have you had them? We have 30 of these but haven't had any issues yet... been running around a year.

Dom

Thank Post
    Just over a year...

Thank Post
    Hi,

I was searching on the internet for this problem and found your post on this forum.
    My girlfriend and cousin both have a Acer Travelmate 5730 with the exact same problem.
    The laptops are 3 and 5 months old.
    The problems started a couple of weeks ago.

When we try to power on the laptop the charging led goes off for a few seconds.
    The laptop won't turn on if you keep pressing the power button.
    We removed the ac power from the laptop and after that the laptop would power on when we pressed the power button.
    I looks like an internal power problem. The adapter works fine.

My girlfriend has 3 years extended waranty with accidental damage for her laptop.
    I think I will call Acer (in Holland) and explain the problem and have them pick up the laptop for repair.

I work for a IT company and we are Acer dealer.
    We sell a lot of Acer laptops but we haven't seen this problem before.

Edwin van der Veen
    The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by NBC_Sys_C-ord View Post
    I'm stuck with a problem Laptop in the office and its something I've never seen before.

This Laptop will not power up with the battery or the power cable, or even with both plugged in. There is a green charging light lit when there is AC power but as soon as you press the power button on the Laptop the charging LED goes out for 5 secs (No power up or internal noises at this point)

The strange thing is I left it for an hour and another employee hit the on button for the first time and it worked! Now we shut it down and tried again and no nothing. I have a feeling there maybe something wrong with the actual internal power function as the Laptop recognises the on button being pushed.

Acer 5730.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread