+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Dell laptops for teaching staff in Technical; Originally Posted by CPLTD if you buy from dell yes! Which you wouldn't want to do if there's suppliers like ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    if you buy from dell yes!
    Which you wouldn't want to do if there's suppliers like Simon around. You can save a pretty penny.

2. Thanks to Edu-IT from:

CPLTD (8th January 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 721 Posts
    I always look here for Vostro Specs Compare All UK Dell Vostro Deals and E-Value Codes | dmXdimension The prices shown inc VAT but once you add a 3Y warranty the non VAT price is very close. Then goto other suppliers to see what they can come up with.

4. Thanks to SYSMAN_MK from:

CPLTD (8th January 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrbb View Post
    Staff laptops are my current nightmare

We have a mixture of Toshiba sat pros and fujitsu, they are used constantly by staff, some not so carefully as others. The best laptops for least problems are the fujitsu lifebooks which are coming up to 4+ years old. I research each purchase but seem to still get some duff ones Two of the Toshiba laptops have had external display problems and have had to be repaired - a pcb glued back into place apparently. The grief I get from the staff when their laptops fail is unbelievable which compounds my stress over staff laptops (should be in 'red door' forum I think)

Anyway, back to the thread, will be looking for a few laptops this springtime so am wondering whether to buy cheap nasty ones and expect them to last 2 years or to go for higher quality with a 3 year onsite warrenty so the visiting repair person gets the grief, not me So I've visited the Dell site but the spec of laptops, vostro, is coming up at 550 is this the price I should be expecting buying a dell laptop?
    I've got the contact details of our local Dell technician now. It's great he turns up in the morning, hand him the offending machine and then it's his problem .
    We generally pay around 450ish for a Dell Latitude E5500 with 3yr NBD warranty depending on configuration

Thank Post
    @soulfish that's my price range and just what I need next day onsite. Now I know it's 'doable' within our budget.

@CPLTD any chance you could pm me with a ballpark price for midrange dell laptop 15.4", with nbd warrenty, we're not ready to buy yet but I need to plan

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrbb View Post
    @soulfish that's my price range and just what I need next day onsite. Now I know it's 'doable' within our budget.

@CPLTD any chance you could pm me with a ballpark price for midrange dell laptop 15.4", with nbd warrenty, we're not ready to buy yet but I need to plan
    sure thing how many units roughly Chrbb

Thank Post
    Not sure yet - say about 4. Thanks

9. Thanks to chrbb from:

CPLTD (8th January 2010)

Thank Post
    no idea how much those HPs are but we use Latitude E6400's at the mo and they are great, pretty bomb proof too (especially with accidental damage cover!)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12