+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Orange to sell i-phone in Technical; They have failed to meet targets or breached the contract with Apple I read online the other month, thus the ...
  1. #16

    Michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    9,262
    Thank Post
    242
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Rep Power
    340
    They have failed to meet targets or breached the contract with Apple I read online the other month, thus the reason why Orange now have it.
    I think Apple have to realise it's a gimmick limiting their phone to certain providers. What difference does it make? Apple would sell more phones and sell more applications. Limiting to one or two providers makes no sense at all. No other phone manufacturer does it, probably because they want to sell as many as possible.

  2. #17
    AyatollahPies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    900
    Thank Post
    48
    Thanked 105 Times in 95 Posts
    Rep Power
    42
    And it would appear that Vodaphone will soon be offering the iphone too.

  3. #18
    somabc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,337
    Thank Post
    83
    Thanked 388 Times in 258 Posts
    Rep Power
    112

    Spot the difference

    Orange have announced their tariffs and they are exactly the same as O2. Is there some price fixing going here!?

    Eg if I would like a 16GB 3GS

    On O2 for 24 months, the handset costs £87.11
    On Orange for 24 months, the handset costs £87

    So 11p cheaper!

    Monthly costs for O2 - £34.26 for 600 min + 500 Txts
    Monthly costs for Orange - £34.26 for 600 min + 500 Txts

    Exactly the same!

  4. #19
    DrCheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,032
    Thank Post
    97
    Thanked 160 Times in 109 Posts
    Rep Power
    59
    What about Data? O2's is really good ("Unlimited")

  5. #20
    DrCheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,032
    Thank Post
    97
    Thanked 160 Times in 109 Posts
    Rep Power
    59
    haha, the table says unlimited* and then right under it says "750mb a month fair usage"
    So no, it's not unlimited at all then. Why are ISP's allowed to advertise it as such :P
    http://interest.orange.co.uk/?linkfr...honecomingsoon

  6. #21

    russdev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    6,930
    Thank Post
    709
    Thanked 552 Times in 367 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by somabc View Post
    Orange have announced their tariffs and they are exactly the same as O2. Is there some price fixing going here!?

    Eg if I would like a 16GB 3GS

    On O2 for 24 months, the handset costs £87.11
    On Orange for 24 months, the handset costs £87

    So 11p cheaper!

    Monthly costs for O2 - £34.26 for 600 min + 500 Txts
    Monthly costs for Orange - £34.26 for 600 min + 500 Txts

    Exactly the same!
    No but price is a set by apple not by phone company.

    Russ

  7. #22

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,161
    Thank Post
    403
    Thanked 623 Times in 569 Posts
    Rep Power
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCheese View Post
    haha, the table says unlimited* and then right under it says "750mb a month fair usage"
    So no, it's not unlimited at all then. Why are ISP's allowed to advertise it as such :P
    iPhone 3GS available from 10 November on Orange
    That gets my goat too. Unlimited would be unlimited. If it's 750MB don't say it's unlimited.

  8. #23
    somabc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,337
    Thank Post
    83
    Thanked 388 Times in 258 Posts
    Rep Power
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    No but price is a set by apple not by phone company.

    Russ
    So Apple are the only company that dictates the price?

    Carphone Warehouse – “no price cuts” for Orange iPhone | BitterWallet
    Last edited by somabc; 2nd November 2009 at 01:32 PM.

  9. #24
    Quackers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,350
    Thank Post
    40
    Thanked 146 Times in 121 Posts
    Rep Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    That gets my goat too. Unlimited would be unlimited. If it's 750MB don't say it's unlimited.
    I do not understand why OFCOM has not slapped companys who do this. It winds me up too

  10. #25

    nephilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dunstable
    Posts
    12,080
    Thank Post
    1,637
    Thanked 1,956 Times in 1,431 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    440
    I put myself on the register for the 16GB upgrade, as I have been with orange for 7 years, and have had the same contract throughout, I pay a nominal fee (£13.98 woot!) and get the phone as soon as its here, which as it happens is the same time I renew my contract

  11. #26
    princessbucki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Newton Abbot
    Posts
    11
    Thank Post
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Does anyone know when the iPhone is ACTUALLY going to be available from Orange, I'm due for an upgrade now, but want to hold out for the iPhone... the wait is killing me though!

  12. #27

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,807
    Thank Post
    3,320
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 977 Posts
    Rep Power
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by princessbucki View Post
    Does anyone know when the iPhone is ACTUALLY going to be available from Orange, I'm due for an upgrade now, but want to hold out for the iPhone... the wait is killing me though!
    about 10 days give or take a day ( 10th of november ) as per the web link posted above

    I already have my 32 gig black iphone 3GS from 02

  13. #28
    apoth0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    1,221
    Thank Post
    151
    Thanked 180 Times in 132 Posts
    Rep Power
    52
    I couldn't wait any longer and went for the Android powered HTC Tattoo! It should be there when I get home!
    Happy Days

  14. #29
    princessbucki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Newton Abbot
    Posts
    11
    Thank Post
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    about 10 days give or take a day ( 10th of november ) as per the web link posted above

    I already have my 32 gig black iphone 3GS from 02
    THANK YOU Mac Shinobi - I've just got my common sense back and checked the Orange website!

    I think I will only get the 8GB one as I have an iPod Classic which I'm not going to part with so it will be mainly apps that I'll install - does anyone know if I should be thinking differently about which size iPhone I should get?
    cheers

  15. #30

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,807
    Thank Post
    3,320
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 977 Posts
    Rep Power
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by princessbucki View Post
    THANK YOU Mac Shinobi - I've just got my common sense back and checked the Orange website!

    I think I will only get the 8GB one as I have an iPod Classic which I'm not going to part with so it will be mainly apps that I'll install - does anyone know if I should be thinking differently about which size iPhone I should get?
    cheers
    no probs

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29th January 2009, 05:06 PM
  2. Advice please: Ok so I want to sell something..
    By contink in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 25th March 2008, 12:32 PM
  3. Play.com sell downloads
    By alonebfg in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 3rd March 2008, 08:55 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •