+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, blackberry on orange in Technical; does anyone know if these are locked to orange or can any sim be used in them.. are they unlockable? ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

blackberry on orange

does anyone know if these are locked to orange or can any sim be used in them..

are they unlockable?

My sisters thinking of sending me heres over here but I dunno if itll work with my AU SIM.

Thank Post
    I have a blackberry and it only works with my sim, they are unlockable, but you can also buy a sim free (unlocked) blackberry from amazon or play.com, so it may work and it may not could be worth a try though.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Im not looking to buy one, but if I can blag a free one off my sister I wouldnt say no..

But not gonna risk getting it sent over etc if its not 100% gonna work..

Thank Post
    if memory serves (i may be wrong) the locking down of mobiles to networks only works in the EU. this information came from our local indian take away when they explained that they dont mind buying locked (if i was to report my stolen then get a replacement) phones as they send them back home and they work fine.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbo_ap View Post
    if memory serves (i may be wrong) the locking down of mobiles to networks only works in the EU. this information came from our local indian take away when they explained that they dont mind buying locked (if i was to report my stolen then get a replacement) phones as they send them back home and they work fine.
    You're confusing Blocked with Locked

Blocked is where the phone is blacklisted and wont work within the UK (could be EU now)

Locked, is where the phone wont accept any other SIM except for the original network.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    You're confusing Blocked with Locked

Blocked is where the phone is blacklisted and wont work within the UK (could be EU now)

Locked, is where the phone wont accept any other SIM except for the original network.
    lol sorry not really traveled or live outside of my home town (sad eh) so have never needed to bother with knowing about using phone abroard

all i know is im up for an upgrade... do i have an n97??? mmmm

Thank Post
    You can unlock blackberry's for free, with a bit of software, but i have never managed to get it working. Have a read on CrackBerry.com ? The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users & Abusers if you know the model to see what can be done.

I've unlocked many blackberry's with online codes - have always gotten mine from Phone Unlock & Mobile Unlocking Codes - ThePhoneUnlockers.com you get them within 5 mins of ordering and you can pay with paypal.

Michael

8. Thanks to linkazoid from:

RabbieBurns (24th September 2009)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbo_ap View Post
    lol sorry not really traveled or live outside of my home town (sad eh) so have never needed to bother with knowing about using phone abroard

all i know is im up for an upgrade... do i have an n97??? mmmm
    Its not really anything to do with being abroad either tbh.. IF you report your phone stolen or lost, your network will put a Block on the phones internal serial number (IMEI) which is what the phone uses to register itself on the network. This block basically adds the IMEI number to a blacklist database. In the past, each network had its own blacklist db, so you could just pop out the, say orange sim, put in a vodapfone, and use the phone again.

Now all the networks in the UK share the same DB (and possibly the EU I dunno) so that the phone wont work with Any sim from Any network in any of those countries. (As mentioned above, you can then post the phone to a country that doesnt use this db, and it will work)

When you buy a phone and it is Locked to the network, that means it will only accept a Sim from that provider. So eg, a phone Locked to Orange, will only accept Orange SIMS.

Unlocking a phone is trivial for some models, harder for others, and impossible for others, and can often be done by just asking the provider. A blocked phone can be unblocked by changing the IMEI number, but that is pretty hard to do, not to mention highly illegal.

The majority of nicked phones in the UK end up overseas because of this blacklist db, and for the average chav, a nicked phone is of absolute no use.

Anyway sorry for the long post, hopefully it might clear things up a bit

Thank Post
    Get the code from online site and you have to follow valid instructions. So get the instructions from http://www.mobileunlockguide.com/

Thank Post
    Ya it's possible to unlock your mobile using the code...This is the site Online GSM Unlock.com - Unlock your GSM mobile phone online .It provides the unlocking service for your mobile..Friend if you need get the code from the above site.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread