+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Best phone to sync with Outlook in Technical; My HTC Touch Pro syncs directly with Exchange and grabs the new mail every few minutes, straight in with Exchange ...
    Thank Post
    My HTC Touch Pro syncs directly with Exchange and grabs the new mail every few minutes, straight in with Exchange ActiveSync.

Blackberries are a pain as unless you have the Blackberry service enabled from your mobile provider I thought it needs the RIM software installed on your servers? You get one free license then it costs after that... bit pointless imo as you're paying for that when it's free with Exchange basically

iPod Touch I know works with Exchange with no problems and iPhone users have no trouble either, although the thought of typing emails on a touchscreen makes me shudder

Edit: just re-read, are you running Exchange at the back-end? Better to sync directly with the server than with Outlook
    Last edited by gshaw; 22nd September 2009 at 02:43 PM.

Thank Post
    No exchange server involved-just syncing with a desktop computer running Outlook.

I don't think I need it to sync emails - just the calendar.

regards

Simon

Thank Post

Unhappy

Hi, here the head used a blackberry curve for the last couple of years and we had no major problems getting it to work. She now wants to change it for an i-phone as the tarrifs are much cheaper than the blackberry and i-phone has more features and huge memory (32GB).

I ordered the i-phone and tried setting it up with the exchange 2007 and is not having it, I have resulted into forwarding the emails from her mailbox to the i-phone. I set it up using outlook web access details (https url etc) with ssl certificate, it wouldn't connect to the server and keeps saying server not found. OWA is set up properly as it works fine from home and mobile device/pop3 and imap4 all enabled on all emails accounts. I started to think the problem could be with the front end exchange (LEA).

Thanks for all advice and suggestions in advance and I hope you can help.

Thanks Edugeek & Great Forum as ever!!

Thank Post
    Thanks for all the advice- it was duly passed on and the head went for a ...

Palm Pre

He bought on the basis that his old Palm PDA used to sync fine

I told him that the new one is a completely different device and doesn't even sync unless you buy an extra $30 program

I let you know how it goes!

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    Palm %*&$*@# Pre

(and Chapura Pocketmirror as well )

Some companies deserve to go to the wall.

The Palm Pre doesn't come with software to sync with Outlook (unlike all previous Palm devices!)

Never mind - its only money to buy a $30 prog called Pocketmirror.

This prog will sync Outlook to the Pre but unfortunatley due to someone having one %^&*^%$$&*** of an idea it does it by the PC running software that talks to a server out on T'internet and the Pre doing the same.

Nothing wrong with that but then instead of PC sending to server - server to Pre and vice versa, the server just says - OK chaps don't send your data via me - send it between yourselves via your local network. Which is fine is your at home and syncing - your all on same network.

But of course it won't work between an admin network PC (with no WLAN) and the Pre connected to the curric WLAN

So I tried another prog called companion link (costs $40) that allows you to sync via USB lead. Although this does work, it would be quicker (and I mean that literally) to retype in any calendar changes by hand if you had less that 3 changes/day

I then decided to try syncing Outlook to Google calendar and syncing Pre to that - it did seem to work but by that time me and the head had lost the will to live and couldn't work out how to not have half the pre display taken up with Tasks instead of just calendar appointments so we've gone back to the Companion Link software.

What a pleasant way to spend 5 hours in half-term

Revolution, Wall, First comes to mind

regards

Simon
    Oh - and no way of setting a proxy server for wifi - I know - you don't believe me - please prove me wrong

And for a bit of balance - its got a nice keyboard

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12