+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, HTC Hero or iPhone? in Technical; I used to be a bit of a Nokia fan, but of late ive found their handsets to be a ...
    dsk

Thank Post

HTC Hero or iPhone?

I used to be a bit of a Nokia fan, but of late ive found their handsets to be a little disappointing.

I have to admit the iPhone 3GS does look pretty damn good, quite a few of the missing bits have been fixed, but the price is rather prohibitive (especially for an technician)! I dont imagine the Hero being much cheaper, but it should be more affordable (i hope).

Enter the HTC Hero. Been looking at the specs and reading about it, watching every single video of it on Youtube. I have to say, it does look bloody fantastic! The SenseUI and the home screen is perfect! Everything you want, just there!

What would you guys choose?

Thank Post
    Hero all the way - HTC make blinding handsets, & Android is a decent OS.

You'll pay through the nose for an iPhone which isn't as blinding as people make out.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    HTC FTW Cannot beat them Many on here have them and love them

Thank Post
    That's a terrible name for a phone, "Hero" ugh.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yes go for the HTC! fantastic phones

Thank Post
    Of the two Hero.. but neither have a keyboard... loved the keyboard on my HTC Touch Pro and the one on my Touch Pro2 is almost as good.

Once you'ce had a keyboard there is no going back!!!

dsk

Thank Post
    heh, I can live without the keyboard, I know it will slow down texting and what not, but in return we get a slimmer device....

Does anyone know if the email support HTML email?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 970 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric_ View Post
    Of the two Hero.. but neither have a keyboard... loved the keyboard on my HTC Touch Pro and the one on my Touch Pro2 is almost as good.

Once you'ce had a keyboard there is no going back!!!
    Must be a personal preference thing because I have had a number of phones with keyboards before the iphone 3G ( not the latest 3GS ) and I much prefer the on screen keyboard not having to slide a mini keyboard in and out etc

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Must be a personal preference thing because I have had a number of phones with keyboards before the iphone 3G ( not the latest 3GS ) and I much prefer the on screen keyboard not having to slide a mini keyboard in and out etc
    I like the response you receive from a 'real' keyboard... on-screen keyboards just can't compete with that IMHO. My Touch Pro2 isn't much thicker than an iPhone anyway.

@dsk: I don't know if you've also considered the Touch HD... as a Windows Mobile smartphone to throw into the mix. Dos_Box loves his! (Being slightly older, you may find it's slightly cheaper too if budget is a constraint).

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 970 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric_ View Post
    I like the response you receive from a 'real' keyboard... on-screen keyboards just can't compete with that IMHO. My Touch Pro2 isn't much thicker than an iPhone anyway.

@dsk: I don't know if you've also considered the Touch HD... as a Windows Mobile smartphone to throw into the mix. Dos_Box loves his! (Being slightly older, you may find it's slightly cheaper too if budget is a constraint).
    I had a play with the new iphone 3GS and that was a lot snappier with double the memory and a faster cpu so that was good enough for me yes my current handset is slower with the new OS but I still enjoy it again personal preference and as per the other threads on here comparing iphones / computers or whatever it may be its down to the user who purchases that phone because they are buying it for them not anyone else and am sure most people agree with that.

Best way to find out which one you prefer is to go around the different stores ie orange / 02 / vodafone or just car phone warehouse and have a play with each of them and see which you prefer and buy it for yourself lol

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Definitely personal preference - I actually prefer an old fashioned keypad, and I'm not that fussed about a touchscreen.

Thank Post

Android all the way

I've got a T-Mobile G1 (the first Android phone) and, having used HTC phones with Windows Mobile for ages, I have never had a phone I've liked more

Android is excellent and while it is still lacking one or two features (namely Bluetooth file transfer), it's catching up rapidly and making updates for them

I would seriously consider the G1 over the Hero though - the on-screen keyboard is rubbish for anything more than a short message - if you want to be using it for e-mails and long messages (or anything else which involves typing for that matter) then you'll grow tired of the on-screen keyboard very quickly

PM me if you want to know more

Thank Post
    If you can afford it go with the iphone, if you can't go for the hero, simple

Thank Post
    +1 for the iPhone - tremendous bit of kit...

Thank Post
    Best way to find out which one you prefer is to go around the different stores ie orange / 02 / vodafone or just car phone warehouse and have a play with each of them and see which you prefer and buy it for yourself lol
    Definately

I would also check online - ZDNet was talking about a problem people with the 3G chipset on the iPhone 3G but I don't know if that's fixed with the 3Gs

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast