+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, new iphone 3GS in Technical; Looks like the iphone is going to get quicker and cheaper BBC NEWS | Technology | Apple cuts price of ...
    Thank Post

new iphone 3GS

Looks like the iphone is going to get quicker and cheaper

BBC NEWS | Technology | Apple cuts price of basic iPhone

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 982 Posts
    what are the specs of the processor in the iphone 3gs and also what does it use for the graphics in terms of when you are gaming etc ?

Also how much ram if any does it have ( I dont mean the 16 or 32gb flash memory to store the data )

Thank Post
    256 RAM, doubled from 3G. No clue on graphics front, but it's pretty darn impressive (and I'm the anti-Apple-fan-boy) - Apple - iPhone - Technical Specifications for general specs.

Problem is - Apple could release the iBrick, and people would buy it in droves. Does the iPhone do some things brilliantly? Yes. But come on, UPGRADED to 3mp camera? Touch HD has 5, some are up to 8, the TouchHD has a bigger screen AND looks better.

Watched the WWDC stream, and it's all OOO and ARR, and granted some of their stuff is pretty impressive, and has some really nice possibilities with the Touch's for education, but still.

Touch HD still gets my vote - I was hoping Apple would pull a surprise out, stick a 5mp camera into it, expand the screen, but they don't have to, throw a few placebos out, and they can be guaranteed queues and nice profits... because they've finally added the ability to capture video to the iPhone... not like other phones have been doing that for YEARS or anything.

4. Thanks to Diello from:

teddybear (8th June 2009)

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Diello View Post
    256 RAM, doubled from 3G. No clue on graphics front, but it's pretty darn impressive (and I'm the anti-Apple-fan-boy) - Apple - iPhone - Technical Specifications for general specs.

Problem is - Apple could release the iBrick, and people would buy it in droves. Does the iPhone do some things brilliantly? Yes. But come on, UPGRADED to 3mp camera? Touch HD has 5, some are up to 8, the TouchHD has a bigger screen AND looks better.

Watched the WWDC stream, and it's all OOO and ARR, and granted some of their stuff is pretty impressive, and has some really nice possibilities with the Touch's for education, but still.

Touch HD still gets my vote - I was hoping Apple would pull a surprise out, stick a 5mp camera into it, expand the screen, but they don't have to, throw a few placebos out, and they can be guaranteed queues and nice profits... because they've finally added the ability to capture video to the iPhone... not like other phones have been doing that for YEARS or anything.
    where do I go to watch the wwdc or have they not released the video footage or what exactly cos I dont see where to click or go on the apple site to watch it

Thank Post
    Link to the new Ad:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP8gV_VQUWs"]YouTube - iphone3gs[/ame]

i like the look of the Pasco science kit, [Link]

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    where do I go to watch the wwdc or have they not released the video footage or what exactly cos I dont see where to click or go on the apple site to watch it
    Doesn't look like it's turned up on YT yet... but sure it will! There was no official WWDC stream, never is, but one guy managed to get away with doing a secret uStream of it for the whole 2 hours, same stream was also rebroadcast on TWiT Live.

Thank Post
    Just been on the 02 site and I think they must of knackered up the pay monthly prices cos thats just insane amounts of money a month !!

Pay Monthly

184 to 300 quid a month ( just for the contract ) for either the 16 or 32gb iphone 3g s ? hhhmmm - me thinks not lol

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Diello View Post
    Doesn't look like it's turned up on YT yet... but sure it will! There was no official WWDC stream, never is, but one guy managed to get away with doing a secret uStream of it for the whole 2 hours, same stream was also rebroadcast on TWiT Live.
    still got access to that or has that been and gone cos of it being live ?

Thank Post
    If O2 hadn't pushed up the prices to silly levels I would be buying the new iPhone next week. Now however I've got to decide if I can really justify that much extra, when if I wait a bit longer I'll have a whole host of Android based phones to choose from on more then just O2.

Decisions decisions

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Just been on the 02 site and I think they must of knackered up the pay monthly prices cos thats just insane amounts of money a month !!

Pay Monthly

184 to 300 quid a month ( just for the contract ) for either the 16 or 32gb iphone 3g s ? hhhmmm - me thinks not lol
    I think thats how much the phone (cost-wise) will be for that tariff. So if you want the £35 p/m you have to put down £185 for the 16GB phone. I was sort of expecting the conversion to be something like that considering the conversion rates at the moment.

Thank Post
    Glad I got my 3G back in November. Ridiculous prices now, wonder how it will go down in this economic climate.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 820 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I cant get over the price! So much money for it and they did not improve the one thing they needed a 100-200% increase in, battery life. It still looks really bad.

Thank Post
    lol to iPhone. Thats insane bunse.

I have the touchHD and its great really good looking screen and Curse of Monkey Island runs great!! Almost time to put the 7th Guest on it!!

Thank Post
    After the trouble i've had with my iPhone I won't be upgrading unless I can convince O2 to do it for free on my current contract!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast