+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, Netbooks with dual-band wifi (802.11a/b/g/n)? in Technical; I'm currently having a hunt around, but just wondering if anyone knows of any Netbooks that have dual-band 'pre-N' standard ...

Thank Post

Netbooks with dual-band wifi (802.11a/b/g/n)?

I'm currently having a hunt around, but just wondering if anyone knows of any Netbooks that have dual-band 'pre-N' standard wifi built-in?

Essentially we've got a school that's implementing a site-wide network, in anticipation of purchasing a year-group's worth of laptops at some point in the near future. It'd be nice if the new machines were able to use the 5GHz 'N' signals - as they've got a fair amount of older kit using b/g in the 2.4GHz.

Stephen

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 761 Posts
    The MSI Wind U100 comes with an a/g/n card as standard. It's the only one we tested that did. It's also quite a nice netbook; it came second only to the Samsung NC-10 in both our user and technical evaluations.

Personally I rated it higher than the NC-10 technically, specifically due to the 802.11n support, and the failure rate of the NC-10s we since bought have cemented my view that it's not all it's cracked up to be. For reference, the others we tested which did not come with 802.11n were the Acer Aspire One, Dell Mini 9, and Toshiba NB100.

The Dell Latitude 2100 netbook can also be configured with an a/g/n card for 6 extra on the base price (probably less with education pricing). We haven't had one of these to test yet but I'm eagerly awaiting our first test unit.
    Last edited by AngryTechnician; 8th June 2009 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Forgot about the new Dell

3. Thanks to AngryTechnician from:

SteveMC (8th June 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanks for that - of course, budget constraints mean that it's the installation of the infrastructure this summer, but it'll probably be April next year before they are able to buy the Netbooks, and by that time, everything will probably have changed

Stephen

Thank Post
    Think the new Asus 1000HE also has it as well.
    It also shares the odd placement of the right shift key which was enough to put me off buying it...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread