+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, To G1, or not to G1...? in Technical; Ive got adanced task manager ak notepad andnav2 android arcade anycut astro barcode scanner Beebplayer lukluk meridan remotedroid robo defense ...

Thank Post
    Ive got adanced task manager
    ak notepad
    andnav2
    android arcade
    anycut
    astro
    barcode scanner
    Beebplayer
    lukluk
    meridan
    remotedroid
    robo defense
    savemms
    skymap
    smsbackup
    sms popup
    spelldialer
    steel
    toggle settings
    Tricoder
    usefull switcher
    weather
    wikitude

widgits
    battery widgit
    launcher dock
    stickynote
    weather

2. Thanks to JOrdan01070 from:

mossj (5th June 2009)

Thank Post
    The barcode scanning for the various shopping apps is a great feature. I've noticed better battery life recently since the last major firmware update, it also may be due to me using it slightly less as the novelty has worn off a touch.

I also keep a mini USB charger for use whenever I get into the car with it. Also helps if you want to use it as a GPS in the car for any length of time.

The touch screen is good but nowhere near as sensitive as my Ipod Touch, that said it has the keypad so you don't need it other than to tap the odd menu item now and then. Using it in the few games or touch intensive apps I've tried worked fine too.

To echo some other peoples favourite Apps:

Beebplayer
    sms popup
    Last.fm
    Chess
    Compare everywhere
    Doom
    Missed Call (allows you to customise the colour of the LED on the front on various status messages)
    PdaNet (pairs the phone with PC and uses 3G as a network connection)
    Useful Switchers
    VNCViewer
    Wikimobile
    Amongst others....

I've not rooted it yet but I hear that it's a good way to tweak battery life a little and get the most out of the handset. I'll be attempting it in the near future.

EDIT: I also wanted to say that if, like me, you use Gmail and Google Talk as your main method of electronic communication then this is the phone/OS for you.
    Last edited by NateDoggUK; 5th June 2009 at 12:24 PM.

Thank Post
    My wife has the G1 and she loves it, apart from the battery life.
    My contract was up for renewal recently and I considered getting one for a nanosecond, but couldn't drag myself away from Nokia. The decision was made even harder by the fact the T-Mobile don't offer the phone I've been dying to get my hands on (Nokia E75) since it was released

Thank Post
    I do have to say having owned an N95 and played with a G1 I prefer my new iPhone - it's nowhere near perfect but IMHO is the best all rounder. You just can't beat them

I only have very small hands (think Jeremy Beadles withered hand on a cold day) and I struggled with the G1's keyboard. Never had any issues with the iPhone screen keyboard...

And more importantly the iPhone is fit

(and how did I ever cope without the spirit level app )

Thank Post
    Well my G1 came on friday and it's already earnt me a beating from my girlfriend (hugging her and browsing the app store with the hands behind her back is apparently a no no....)

Apart from the content lock (thank you t-mobile), which i've now removed. It's the best bit of tech i own

Without spending a penny i've downloaded a stupid amount of apps, Touch screen is frastrating at times, but you can sue the trackball for menu navigation anyway. Keyboard is the perfect size, as i can reach everything jsut using my thumbs.

First mobile phone contract and i'm very glad I choose the G1. All the apps i liked the look of on the iphone are on here too (VNC, Shazam, ConveyThis, placesdirectory ,Shopsavvy, remotedroid etc)

Only app i'm waiting for is a AD password reset app.. which would make this my favorite work toy
    Last edited by mossj; 7th June 2009 at 04:16 PM.

Thank Post
    Good food for thought there guys, thanks.

Still pondering.....

In a Server Room cutting through a forest of Cat5e
    Thank Post
    Anyone know if these work with Exchange, LogMeIn and SSH yet? I primarily want one for work email hacking around with my servers

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information