+ Post New Thread
Netbooks, PDA and Phones Thread, impressive.. in Technical; I've got my 8gb SSD/512mb Aspire One now...Linpus Linux went, Puppy Linux on as it's tiny and fast. Now got ...
    Thank Post

impressive..

I've got my 8gb SSD/512mb Aspire One now...Linpus Linux went, Puppy Linux on as it's tiny and fast. Now got a Virtualbox XP VM on there as well for work use, and RAdmin running nicely under WINE..

I quite like the Atom CPU...heh...got a 1gb RAM upgrade on order for it too. The SSD isn't exactly blazingly quick, but I can use a class 6 SDHC card to run the VMs from I'd imagine.

I'm frankly impressed..

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirbendy View Post
    I've got my 8gb SSD/512mb Aspire One now...Linpus Linux went, Puppy Linux on as it's tiny and fast. Now got a Virtualbox XP VM on there as well for work use, and RAdmin running nicely under WINE..

I quite like the Atom CPU...heh...got a 1gb RAM upgrade on order for it too. The SSD isn't exactly blazingly quick, but I can use a class 6 SDHC card to run the VMs from I'd imagine.

I'm frankly impressed..
    I got mine before Xmas and I'm still over the moon with it (4 months on). Mine is the 1gb RAM, 120gb HDD version though. Really handy for taking to uni for PHP coding (as uni only provide facilities for ASP?!).

Thank Post
    /me is more tempted than ever now... It'd be perfect to take on the road as a remote teminal client (this after I lugged an all-singing, all-weighing laptop around London for a day)

Edit: I've just seen the 3G model, anybody know if I can put my 3 Mobile sim in it?
    Last edited by powdarrmonkey; 3rd March 2009 at 01:51 PM.

Thank Post
    mine is the gen1, or thereabouts..no 3g, got the P1800SSD though.

Just moved my XP VM to the 2gb SD card in the expansion bay...it's fair shifting!

£150, open box return from Amazon. I figured it's going between sites, and I've got to do a stripdown to fit the 1gb upgrade anyway, so..pristine wasn't needed. It has 1 tiny scratch, the BIOS was outdated, and it wouldn't initially start up due to having the flat battery left in it. I nicked jems battery, booted it, shut it down, swapped them back and it's been fine ever since.

Got mine sat at BIOS V3304 IIRC..3309 had a fit. I opted for the SSD model as hard disks in cars put me on edge..!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread